June 2015 Moms

Car Seat / Stroller Compatibility Question

Hello beautiful gals!

I may be posting this in the wrong place, but I thought you wonderful mommies-to-be may have some good advice and input!

My amazing sister gave us her 2010 Bob Revolution SE stroller along with the travel case and car seat adapter (model CS0701) found here:https://www.amazon.com/BOB-Infant-Adapter-Single-Strollers/dp/B000OS3AP0.

DH and I went to BRU to try out car seats to ensure they fit before we buy one or add it to our registry, and not one on the market fit securely. The staff told us our adapter and stroller were old and out of date, and suggested we buy a new stroller, which made me laugh. Both are perfectly fine, and the adapter is still sold on amazon with lots of great reviews.

Upon reviewing the compatibility chart and user comments on amazon, there are many car seats we tried that should've fit just fine. After much research, I found that my sister didn't have the restraint belt included, which I think is what we need to secure the car seats into place. Can anyone confirm this?

The adapter should work with Graco Snugride 30 & 32, Britax B Safe, and Chicco Key fit 30, among others, but these were sliding all over in the store without the belt. Thanks in advance!
"Because you are alive, everything is possible." 

"Smile, breathe, and go slowly." 

-Thich Nhat Hanh

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Car Seat / Stroller Compatibility Question

• I agree with the PP - my friend has this same set up and you need the belt to make things fit securely. Also, if the car seat adapter is from 2010 maybe those brands have changed the car seats enough in the last 4 years that the connection is no longer compatible? You could try looking to get the strap or a different adapter online. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
     Expecting our first - Alice Irene - 6/5/15

• Thank you so much, everyone!  I am going to call Britax/Bob on Monday, once they are open after the holidays, and see what the deal is.  I do believe that I just have an outdated adapter, and need to buy one of the current adapters designed specifically for the car seats on the market.

People in other forums are telling me to buy a new stroller, which I just fin absurd.  Plenty of people use the adapters, so I think I just need an updated version, or at least need to get a new restraint belt!

Thanks again for your help with all of this!

-Thich Nhat Hanh

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We just bought a bob...they don't sell the adapters in store with the straps anymore. Adapters only run about $40 and then you can pick which car seat you want to go with it. They are all click-in adapters now. Hope this helps!
  • poppyc8poppyc8 member
    edited December 2014
    @utopiaqueen‌

You probably have an outdated adapter. I remember having the reverse problem where I bought a new bob and was using a car seat from 2 years prior and I bought a bob adapter on amazon and that adapter was for the old bob model and did not go with the new bob stroller.

If you have the right parts it absolutely should feel secure without the red strap. The red strap is just an extra safety assurance.

On a side note I just got a new iPhone and it drives me batshit crazy that Apple changes the charger and plug design every time there is a new phone!!!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Thank you so much for this great info, poppyc8!  It would drive me nuts if Apple changed the charger and plug design every single time a new product came out!

I think my plan is to buy a brand new adapter that is made specifically for the car seat I want!  It's only $40-50, and that seems like nothing since I got the stroller for free!

Thanks again, and have a happy new year!

-Thich Nhat Hanh

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"