August 2015 Moms
Options

New Fur Baby -> toddler allergic reaction ?

Hey, I saw a lot of BTDT moms have fur babies : we just got our puppy on Monday and DD has been around dogs before without any issues. Today she woke up with puffy eyes and a few little bumps spread through out her face. she was rubbing them but didn't seem too bothered other than that:

My question is, has your child had a similar reaction and later build up a tolerance for the fur/pet dander without having constant allergic reactions?

* I have spoken to her pedi - they weren't alarmed, however, I would hate to get rid of our puppy if DD will get used to her fur comfortably over time sorry for the novel*

Re: New Fur Baby -> toddler allergic reaction ?

• Options
    Every allergy is unique and has the capacity to change abruptly or over time, for better or worse. Only your doc can help you, although I'm surprised they didn't say anything about an appropriate antihistamine or allergy shots and testing. It could also be your detergent in which the sheets were washed. Allergy testing is the only way to know for sure.
    **Paraguard removed 10/30** **BFP 11/29** Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you @kcebeling she has a routine appt monday - I will be sure to ask about that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definately seconding what @kcebeling‌ said. I'd also add that some breeds produce more dander than others so while you may not have an issue with one, you could to another. Saliva can be irritating too, so try to keep the pup from licking. Allergies like this can get better or worse with exposure, so definately work with your doctor to come up with a plan for managing symptoms. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"