May 2014 Moms
Options

Early bedtime

hbird0723hbird0723 member
edited December 2014 in May 2014 Moms
This has probably come up before but for those of you with early bedtimes for LO (between 6 & 7) when do they wake up and how do naps look like during the day? My little one doesn't take a long nap and has trouble settling for a third nap so she's usually ready for bed by 6 6:30. Sometimes I just feel like that's so early. She will wake up at 6 but still seems tired. Sometimes I can get another hour but then that's 13 hours of sleep (interrupted sleep with MOTN feedings). The last 2 nights we've been working in just one feed. Just curious what this looks like for other early to bed LOs.

Re: Early bedtime

• Options
    DD usually goes to bed between 7-730 and normally is up for the day around 530-6. Which works for me since that's when DH gets up and I make him his breakfast and lunch. But her naps aren't the best compared to others I've seen on here, she takes three naps a day. Early morning one is usually 30-45 min, afternoon nap is about an hour or a little longer, then her third nap is usually around 3-3:30 and that's for another 30-45 min. Then by 6:30-7 she starts getting tired and it's bedtime routine from there. She hasn't had a nice two hour nap in months and still wakes at least twice a night to eat.
  • Options
    I just feel like she's so all over the place with bedtime because one morning she'll wake early then go back down almost like an early morning naps and other days she won't. Then depending on when her last nap is she is sometimes ready by 6 and sometimes not until 7:30. Maybe it's still to early to have a schedule down but I'm just feeling like by now we would have one. Her naps are not good either but after sleeping 11-13 hours I don't blame her and I can't complain because of that. It just makes her grumpy during the day sometimes because she has such short naps.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We start getting DS ready for bed around 6:45 and he's usually down around 7 or a bit after depending on how much he fusses. He gets up around 7:30, sometimes earlier during the week if he hears us getting ready. Sometimes he goes back to sleep til 8ish on the weekend. Most of the time he sttn. His naps at DC are crap but at home on the weekends he usually takes a 2 hr morning nap around 10-12 and an hour and a half nap around 3/3:30-4:30/5.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS goes to bed around 6:00.  He's up for the day around 6:30-7:00.  Naps are questionable.  At daycare he just takes one between 12 and 2.  At home if we stay home, which is rare, he takes maybe 2-3 naps.  One nap is about an hour after waking, another in the afternoon, and the other one is usually at about 3 or 4, and then he's up between 4 and 5.  He still seems to get sleepy by 6:00 though even if he's not up until 5.  His naps last anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours.    

Both of my kids have gone to bed early.  I like it because I get me time and time with DH, and I can't imagine them going to bed later!  I've tried to put them to bed later (especially since one of the pedis always gives me a look like I'm crazy when I say DS goes to bed at 6:00), but they just can't make it any later!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LO is in bed at 6:30pm and will sleep til 7:30am. He will do 2 naps, maybe 3 on a normal day. He's been sick lately and has been taking more (but shorter) naps because he's crabby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hbird0723hbird0723 member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks ladies! It sounds like some babies just get tired earlier. I have noticed that when she goes to bed around 6 she still sleeps until 6 or 7 so might as well put her to bed early since her naps aren't very long. It just seems so early and then naps are crap so I wasn't sure if I needed to change it but I'm not sure naps would change with a later bedtime. She'd probably just get more overtired.

• Options
    Nikkidoll15Nikkidoll15 member
    edited December 2014
    Chloe goes to bed at 7-730PM any later and she is a mess. She is up at 6 for a feed and then usually wants a morning nap from 6-8 AM.Up at 8 AM ready for another nap 9-930AM. She is then up until 11:30AM and then sleep for another half hour or so. Back down at 2:30PM for a maybe 45 minute nap. Bedtime routine at 6PM and usually asleep by 7:00 ish.
    Chloe takes really short naps. She is a cold hard sleeper at night but very easily stirred during the day. This routine works for us.

Every once in a great while she will throw us off with an extra long nap (2-3 hours) or she will wake up for a MOTN feeding but this is like 2x a month maybe.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS goes down about 630-7. He's usually up between 6-630. Goes down for a nap about 830-9 for an hour. Then mid afternoon nap around 1130-12. The last two days my mother in law said she can't get him down for a late nap. I know around 8 mo they drop a nap so this may be it. Which sucks because usually he's up from the last nap about 245 latest. So we start bath time about 545 when I get home from work. Then he's in his crib and fed by 620 and puts himself to sleep about 630-7. He's always had an early bed time which I love because then DH and I get about 2 hours together before he leaves to work.
  • Options
    DD goes to bed at 7-7:30. She will occasionally wake up at night but generally sleeps until 7:00ish. If it's a weekend or we are off work she will go back to sleep with me after her 8am bottle and could sleep till 10. She takes about 2 naps a day that can be 30 min-90min.
  • Options
    goes to bed around 7, usually up 6/630... STTN. Usually naps @830am, 1130/12, and then sometimes we can squeeze a short late aft nap in at 430/5 if we're lucky. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"