March 2015 Moms
Options

Kind of like BLAH!!

So my cousin (who is also pregnant) tells one of our co-workers not to buy my son anything for my baby shower on January 24th. Why? Because I've been buying him things here and there with my hard earned money. There are still somethings he definitely needs before March gets here. I'm wondering if I should let it go or confront her about it. It's got me kind of mad honestly. I'm a FTM by the way.

Re: Kind of like BLAH!!

• Options
    Wtf? Is your cousin hosting the shower? And how did you even find out?

If you do bring it up, maybe try to make sure to clarify that that is actually what happened/what was said.
  • Options
    Wow. Do you have a registry that she was perhaps just mentioning to your coworker may not be updated yet, since you purchased some things? ...So to hold off on buying for the baby? Best case scenario?

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would talk to her and get the whole story. While it IS our responsibility to prepare for baby and buy stuff, that sucks that she would tell someone who wants to buy you a gift to not buy a gift.
  • Options
    Is she hosting? That's a big question for me. If she is, she's being extremely rude by telling someone what they can and cannot do regarding gift giving, which is a huge no no.

I honestly don't even know what my advice would be in that case.

If she's not hosting it sounds like she's just being a spiteful bitch and I wouldn't put too much into it. I wouldn't go to a baby shower WITHOUT a gift just cause someone's cousin told me to. I'm an adult with a perfectly functional mind and if I saw shit on the registry that still hadn't been bought, I'd get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"