Stay at Home Moms

It'll be our little secret.

SouthernAcornSouthernAcorn member
edited December 2014 in Stay at Home Moms
A discussion with my SIL made me curious.
Tell me SAHM, how often (under normal, not TTC circumstance) do you POAS?

C 1/25/09
H 2/8/14

It'll be our little secret. 146 votes

Once a week. Fertile Myrtle over here. You can never be too sure.
0% 1 vote
Twice a month. They were on sale.
3% 5 votes
Once a month. Is it PMS or BFP?
8% 12 votes
Every couple of months. Wait, why do I have an extra pill this month? Oh, yeah. St. Patrick's day.
16% 24 votes
Once a year. Just for the thrill.
3% 5 votes
Only when I'm 99.9% sure I'm already KU.
58% 85 votes
I use a rabbit.
2% 3 votes
SS
7% 11 votes

Re: It'll be our little secret.

• SIL has never taken an at home test before. I thought her confidence was a little strange. I usually have one or two "hmmm...?" moments a year, but I've also been known to be a bit of a hypocondriac. Then she tells me that what I do is nothing compared to one of the girls she works with. She POAS almost every month because she thinks every time her boobs hurt she's KU.
    The conversation had too many extremes, so now I'm curious as to what is the "norm."

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• I take one every couple of months just to be sure lol. I had DS 4.5 months ago and thought I was KU for sure the other day, feeling nauseous and headachey. But it ended up just being hormones from the BF

@southernacorn another hypo over here haha

• Loading the player...
  • I only take one if I really think I could be pregnant. I took one last November got a BFP, had DS in July and haven't taken one since. I'm hoping I won't need to take one for at least another year and a half!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Before I got pregnant we weren't trying but not protecting so I was taking them monthly to be sure. My cycles always varied by a few days each month so I would get anxious as the time approached.
  • I've only POAS twice before my BFP (last August) and never since.
  • I haven't POAS since I got a BFP with DD. I've only done it three times total.

DH had a vasectomy and I am very regular, so I really have no reason to POAS. I might if I was more than a week late...but that almost never happens.

• I keep a few dollar store tests on hand for times im like hmmm. I am 9 months PP and every now and then the phantom kicks freak me out a bit. I've thrown up twice in the past week and was so nauseous yesterday I had to really concentrate and gulp water to keep from puking. I am pretty sure it's just my acid reflux flaring up, but if bedroom time were happening more often, I'd have POAS yesterday.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I have not taken a test since the BFP for my boys- over 4 years ago and it took 5 years and IVF to have them.  I am not on birth control haven't been since the boys were 1 year old- but I have done a little happy dance since I have lost a bunch of weight which has caused my cycles to regulate on their own- so maybe I should start being more careful.
  • When I was in college and didn't really understand how my body worked I would occasionally think I was late and POAS.  Maybe three times ever.

When we were TTC I would POAS every month.

Since then I haven't at all, I know when I'm ovulating and know when to expect AF, and she's never been late.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did yesterday....BFN.

I'm 5 months pp. I've been nauseous and had headaches. I know that is probably due to breastfeeding, but I POAS to make sure.

With DS, my period didn't come back until 16 months pp. I did POAS probably once a month because I just never knew. I am on birth control, but one always hears stories about how people got pregnant on the pill.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lately twice a month because my cycles are jacked. CD128 over here. :|

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Every once in a while my body will skip a cycle - MASSIVE head games and POAS (cheapest ones I can find) until one result or the other.  That's the only time I really POAS - truly with both kids we weren't TTC (with DS we'd already long since given up when  SURPRISE!)...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We don't try/don't prevent all the time. So I just chart so I know when to test. So I guess I test every 2-3 months so I know if I'm pg or not.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I test if it's been 35+ days since my LMP. My cycle varies between 25-42 days. We are usually not trying, not preventing.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm TTC so at least once a month if not more. But if I wasn't TTC, once or twice a year on this hmm moments.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"