August 2015 Moms
Options

SAHM with toddlers

What kind of activities are you doing? I don't have the energy to play with her like I was. We have a ton of toys that she is not interested in and recently she's been so clingy due to teething. I got to the point today where I was just so over being touched.  I need some ideas to entertain her
Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
Marianne Bryant - Easy A

Re: SAHM with toddlers

• Options
    I take it we're on the same boat. I'm also dealing with MS and daily its a struggle. Guilt has set in so when I'm feeling up to it I read to my DD and cuddle. We watch movies. On Saturday we went to the zoo so that helped. I felt like crap all the time. When I get a few moments of not feeling well I try to paint with her and do arts.
  • Options
    I agree with PP, getting out helps. At home I can barely think while we play together and she wants to nurse all the time lately and I am okay with nursing her but after a point I start to get sensitive and I know she's bored.

When we can get out it's better bc I don't have I be so creative playing with her at story time or the park. I can just be there and the activity makes itself up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's -25 here and not really any where to go indoors.... I live in a small oil field town, they don't have many accommodations for little ones :(
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options
    blinnea23 said:
    It's -25 here and not really any where to go indoors.... I live in a small oil field town, they don't have many accommodations for little ones :(
    Do you have Pinterest? There are a lot of great ideas for toddlers on there. Sensory play is usually a big hit at my house. Some ideas of things my boys really like are beans in a tub with scopes and bowls, rice with scopes and bowls, rocks with trucks, pudding in a tub, sea shells, flour with spoons and cups, ect. 
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    pmcd886 said:
    blinnea23 said:
    Do you have Pinterest? There are a lot of great ideas for toddlers on there. Sensory play is usually a big hit at my house. Some ideas of things my boys really like are beans in a tub with scopes and bowls, rice with scopes and bowls, rocks with trucks, pudding in a tub, sea shells, flour with spoons and cups, ect. 
    she's still eating everything lol so I'm nervous to do a lot of the sensory things. I made her a little bag with sparkles and water but that only kept her attention for like 5 minutes. 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options
    pmcd886pmcd886 member
    edited December 2014
    blinnea23 said:

pmcd886 said:

blinnea23 said:

she's still eating everything lol so I'm nervous to do a lot of the sensory things. I made her a little bag with sparkles and water but that only kept her attention for like 5 minutes. 

QBF

You can use cooked food for play then. You can color and cook pasta, pudding, whipped cream ect. There are also edible play doh recipes you can try. Also, fine motor activities like putting pom poms in the hole of an empty container, and putting small objects into muffin tins.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    I randomly found that my DD is really content chewing on rubber wine corks.  Odd I know, but she really seems to love them and it keeps her occupied for a while.  Otherwise I've had some luck building towers for her while I'm lying on the couch and she plays with them for a bit and wanders back and forth.  

I hope you get some good ideas!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We've sick for almost two weeks at our house. Then Monday, DS (2) had his tonsils and adenoids out. I can't complain about all the sitting around and being lazy, even if it means Thomas the Train on repeat. Momma is tired, y'all.

I'm hoping we'll all feel a little better next week and can get back to a normal routine. DS loves the local children's museum and even just to get out and go shopping. I'm also fortunate that he's really awesome playing by himself so that gives me a break. If I can hang on for a couple more weeks, I'm sure the second tri will be better.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Some ideas:

Story time at the local library Children's museum
    Wandering the toy store (if you dare)
    Zoo on a warm day
    Indoor playgrounds (I had to search for these locally)
    Sidewalk chalk or bubbles on a warm day. Or even bubbles or markers/paint in the tub.
    Call around for a kids gym. Lots of them have open play periods for the kids to wander on the mats and whatnot. DS loves it!
    A movie! (You'd be surprised how many theaters have a special weekly show for moms and little ones!)
    And like a PP said, Pinterest has some awesome ideas for things to keep them occupied. We like to do toddler crafts at my house and it's always a hit.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    blinnea23 said:

I have a 10 month old. Here are a few things I did for him.

Bought a large moving box at Lowes for $1.79. I opened it up and made a tunnel for him to crawl through. I took old socks and hung them along with toys inside the box for him to crawl through like a car wash. I may cut a window into it.

I took his old swimming pool and filled it with 300 plastic balls to make his very own ball pit.

Took an old coffee table and painted the top with chalkboard paint and let him draw on it.

I make baby obstacle courses for him to go through using couch cushions on the floor.

Hope these help!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas !
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"