July 2014 Moms
Options

Resolutions

... I know you have them, so let's hear 'em!

[ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]

Re: Resolutions

• Options

1. Stop my frivolous spending. I don't need every piece of baby gear out there nor do I consistently need to change wall decor in my home.

2. Actually start taking care of myself, beyond eating right/exercising. I don't even remember to moisturize and just because i'm staying at home doesn't mean I need to wear sweats all the time.
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    Reach out to people more - do more for those in need in my community.

And ditto on the frivolous spending. I need DH to reign in his need for instant gratification when it comes to some things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Lose remaining 20lbs. for my ultimate reward to myself
    2. Jog, at least, 5x/week
    3. Eat as healthy as possible (organic); treat myself now and again
    4. Continue with monthly exercise challenges
    5. Get into a 2-piece (fatkini) for the summer
    6. Continue to try new recipes every couple of weeks
    7. Meet my BFing goals 6mo (January 23), 9mo (April 23), and 12mo (July 23)
    8. Read a book or 2 a month
    9. Come up with an easy to manage/follow cleaning schedule
    10. Love my kids and husband more

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    1. I have 15 more pounds to lose to get to my goal.

2. To go along with #1, I want DH and I to eat healthier! Cut back on the processed foods, be better about meal planning so we don't end up ordering Chinese or pizza, and try a few new recipes every month!

3. Save, save, save!! I really want to work on having a solid emergency fund.

4. Get my real estate license! I started the process back in September. I've been approved to take the test, but I need to finish the class and get to studying!

5. Speak more Spanish to DS! I'm lucky to be fluent in it, since both of my parents are from Venezuela. I don't speak it as much as I should to DS because DH doesn't speak Spanish, but this year they can both learn it together!

6. Be happy and enjoy everything! Time is going by way too fast with DS and I just need to remember he's only little for so long!

Here to a happy 2015!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

@mamalacy21

A lot of fundraising races will let you have a stroller at the back of the pack. I pushed my son in a 5K in October for cancer awareness. There were about 20 other stroller parents there walking. Good luck!

• Options
    1.  Be a better wife to DH.  He does so much for our family and sometimes (a lot of times) I can take it for granted. 
  • Options

1) To have tighter reigns on my budget.

2) To take time to get my body in better shape.  I haven't exercised consistently in quite some time.

3) To find a way to co-parent with ex without wanting to punch in him the face and kick him in the nuts.

4) To be an emotionally stable and strong mom for my kids. I hope they know that I did this for them.

5) To foster/adopt a new cat and dog.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @bullybutt #3 is so epic. I love it. Lol

• Options
    #1) find something I enjoy doing by myself and make an effort to do it
    #2) make a budget and STICK TO IT
    #3) play more with my kids and be more intentional with the time I have with them (I've been blessed with a very independent toddler who plays so well by himself it's easy for me to just sit and watch tv while he plays, but I know this time goes by fast and he needs me to be a more present mom) but....
    #4) stop beating myself up with we have lazy "bad parenting" days of watching tv and feeding my toddler goldfish for Lunch, these days happen and I spend too much time feeling guilty for not being super mom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1.  Try to feel less stressed/flustered all the time.  Sometimes I'm so flustered I think I'm unintentionally mean to our pets (getting annoyed if they dally in the backyard going potty, or if they don't want to eat their breakfast because they'd rather sit at my feet while I BF LO.)  I want to be kinder to them and in general.

2.  Exercise at some point in 2015.  

3.  Eventually get more sleep in 2015.  (#2 and #3 may not coexist well together.)

4.  Be the best mom I can be to LO, but don't beat myself up too much if everything isn't perfect.

5.  Hire a house cleaning service fo' real.  Because yikes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love reading all of your personal goals! They have actually inspired me to add some more things on my list! :)
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    I love NY resolutions. Every year I do pretty good with them, so here's hoping the trend sticks:
    1) remove all plastic from my kitchen. This is probably going to take me all year, realistically. I want to replace things with glass, silicone, etc.
    2) be a better friend. I need to be more intentional about spending one on one time with my friends. I've been horrible with this the last couple of years and I think my friends deserve better.
    3) go to church more. We slacked a lot this year and once cold/flu season is over I want to start going more and when I feel comfortable leaving DD with their childcare. When we don't go, I want to try to watch the service online
    4) drink less soda and more water
    5) find a yoga class or something similar I can go to once a week. This will probably take me a few more months to be able to do, but I would like to have something going sometime this year.
    6) start cooking again. Make at least three meals a week by meal planning ahead of time. I love cooking I just forget to shop for specific meals so I never have that much to cook when it's time to eat.
  • Options
    1. Lose these last 10 lbs. Breaking my foot at 3 months postpartum erased all motivation and reminded me how much fun Netflixing on the couch is, and I need to STOP.

2. Make some new friends. All of our local military friends are moving this summer and I've been bad about not even trying to make new friends. I need to be more intentional and step outside my comfort zone more.

3. Rein in the spending. We use mint, and I LOVE it, but I need to cut back on the extraneous Target purchases.
  • Options
    Eat right, exersize and work on not taking my frustrations out on DH. He only really deserves it 60% of the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"