May 2014 Moms

Urgg, the flu....

Just a little vent about the flu/virus that's going around, it stinks!!  Literally!!!  Yesterday my little one had some pretty gross diarrhea, didn't think much of it.....until it kept coming all night and then the puke started every time I fed him!! This morning my husband woke up feeling like he was dying.  Then he started puking....My little guy doesn't have a fever and acts like nothing is wrong.  Playing like usual, a little more clingy when he gets tired, but that is all.  At about 2 this afternoon I called the doctor. The nurse said it sounds like the stomach virus that is going around.  I was supposed to lay off the solid foods and formula and give 1-2 teaspoons of pedialyte every 15 min.  Give him a little formula right before bed and monitor him.  So the puking is down and the pooping is less but it seems like it's because of less food.  He does not care for the Pedialyte at all.  He just went down, I've worried all day about him getting dyhydrated.  And feel bad for my husband who rarely gets sick.  I don't know how single mothers do it, I'm exhausted!  Now I'm worried about how many times he will be up, I'm sure it will be a lot since he will be hungry from not much food.  So....It's been a super fun day at my house!!  Urggg!!!  We were supposed to have our parents and some friends that have kids over for NYE tomorrow and I let everyone know that the party is off.  I am hoping that I don't get it!! 

Hope everyone is keeping healthy!!  I don't wish this on anyone!   

Re: Urgg, the flu....

• Oh no.... At least it sounds like it can't get much worse? Hopefully everyone will be feeling like themselves sooner rather than later. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hope you all feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • We just had this sweep through our house and the baby is the only one who managed not to get it. Both my H and older DS were puking for what seemed like an eternity. No fevers. I ended up with nausea and diarrhea but I will take that over vomiting constantly. Hope they get better very very soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• There is so much crap going around! DS and I have been fighting it for almost a week. Hope you all feel better soon!
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Oh no! I hope everyone is better soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Be well!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • We have it here too...the twins are both finally getting better.  BUT both hubby and I are suffering today.  I hate the flu too!!!

• Thanks ladies.  @mary97 - that's what we ended up doing, mixing the formula and pedialyte.  He wouldn't take it by itself.  Only puked once today thank goodness, but we are still fighting the diarrhea.  It's slowing down, but we are on day 3 and I am so done with these diaper changes!!  Poor guy, I know he's tired of them too!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"