July 2015 Moms
Options

CDC on circumcision

A friend just shared this article today and I thought I would share. It is your choice what to do. I know we had a discussion not long ago on this. Just sharing for anyone interested.https://www.whattoexpect.com/wom/baby/1203/circumcision-benefits-outweigh-risks--says-cdc.aspx?xid=fb_wte

Re: CDC on circumcision

• Options
    Just to clarify I said it is your choice what to do. I thought it was an interesting article and brought up some things I myself wasn't knowledgeable on one way or the other. Not trying to convince anyone one way or the other. I respect everyone's choice on the matter.
  • Options
    I think these articles are meant to give some clarity to those who aren't sure, not to convince anyone who is already decided.
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

^ Not talking about you, OP. Talking about the CDC wasting time and money on this shit.

Thank God :o3 Lol at first I thought this really backfired on me. Glad I continued reading.
  • Options

Said it before, I'll say it again. Total personal choice but if the benefits outweighed the risks we would see a huge difference between Europe and here and we just don't.

What do you mean?
  • Options
    bim38106bim38106 member
    edited December 2014
    I thought the AAP had changed their stance on it? H and I were just discussing this on a road trip yesterday.. I haven't done enough research to decide one way or another yet, but I was really surprised to read that rates of C in the US are down to 33% (or were in 2012 - don't quote me on this, I'm just trying to remember what I read last night ;), down from the mid-80s% in the 80s. Lowest was NV I think, with 11%. Here in MI it's still at 85%. Anyway, the rates were surprising to me.

ETA: I don't know where I read that 33% stat. I know I saw it somewhere because I was really surprised by the number.. I'm Googling now and can't find it. I think it was 33% *hospital* C, so maybe higher overall since some wait and get it done later. ?

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    I had an ex that wasn't and the rest have been, this may be TMI but I can say that as a woman, I was much more likely to suffer from BV with the uncircumsized than the others.  Before we found out that DD was a girl, her father and I discussed it and we decided that a boy would be; his brother had it done when he was 16 instead of an infant and it was horrible.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    BV is a bacterial infection, an uncircumsized penis can carry more bacteria under the "hood" than one that is circumsized.  I had to take more antibiotics for BV when we were together than any of the men I've been with that were circumsized.  Just my experience.

• Options
    BV is a bacterial infection, an uncircumsized penis can carry more bacteria under the "hood" than one that is circumsized.  I had to take more antibiotics for BV when we were together than any of the men I've been with that were circumsized.  Just my experience.
    Yeah, if he washes properly that should not be an issue. DH is uncut and I've never had BV. Anecdote does not equal evidence.
    You're lucky, it blows.  Anecdote does not equal evidence, true; one person doesn't equal the norm either, just thought I'd share the only experience I have.

• Options
    I circumsized both ds1 and ds2 I feel bad about it because they were cranky and just upset or maybe it was just me. I almost cried cause I know it hurts but I still did it and if I have another son I will do it again. Dh is circumsized so we just rolled with that, plus I wouldn't know where to begin as far as cleaning
    it if we didn't neither would Dh.
  • Options
    I honestly have no clue what I would do, hope to get more information from everyone and I would like to here points on both sides. Dh said "yes absolutely we will" but I'm not totally convinced.
  • Options
    totally a personal choice,  I don't believe there is a right or wrong with this.  DH is jewish, all the males in both of our families are cut.  Our boys will be cut in the hospital, we feel its better to be done in a hospital under sterile conditions rather than on our dining room table for a more traditional bris.  For us its a little tradition and a little to look like daddy.   If you wash your pee pees it doesn't matter.  I've been with aardvarks and Darth Vaders, never had any issues with cleanliness. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"