Parenting
Options

Birthday Party Question

I am thinking of holding DD's party at the YMCA. Their set time frame is 5:30-6:30 for swimming (splash pad) and 6:30-7:45 in the party room. The kids range in age from 8mos-7yo.

Would it be weird to only serve cupcakes and drinks in the party room? I know that it's at dinner time, but I'm thinking that kids may already have eaten since they know they will be swimming during "dinner time." Or should I order pizza to be delivered at 7? I'm sure it will take about 20-30 for everyone to get dried off and dressed.

Also, I really want to rent Anna and Elsa. It is $130 for 30 minutes for both characters. Is it weird to NOT serve dinner, but to pay extra to have princesses show up?

Thanks for any input!

Re: Birthday Party Question

• Options
    I would probably expect the kids would be served dinner if the party runs through dinner time. They'll probably also be pretty hungry after swimming, right? My kids are still little though so maybe I'm not as in tune with the child party scene yet.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Options
    I think you need to serve dinner
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Parties without real food are odd to me. 

• Options
    I would def expect pizza for the kids
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Hawkward‌ Yes, I would indicate on the invite that it would be cake only. I'm just throwing ideas around right now.

I hate to do it, but I think I would have to order pizza. I generally like to do more than that, but I will be busy at the pool and not have time to get much else together.

• Options
    I don't think people meant for you to cook dinner :) pizza, cupcakes, pool party, can I have that for my next birthday?

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

• Options
    LOL @clwheel‌

Pizza and swimming it is!

BONUS...I just talked to my mom and she is going to pay for renting the princesses instead of the Frozen on Ice tickets that we originally talked about! More money for pizza I guess!

• Options
    Food is a must at that time.

Also, maybe it's me, but an end time of 7:45p might be late for a lot of people. (My kids go to bed by 7:15p)

• Options
    That is the only time frame that the Y offers. My kids go to bed anywhere from 7-8:30 depending on what we've got going on. I guess people could just leave if the kids can't hang. I wouldn't be offended.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"