Options

OPP Tuesday ***babies, pregnancies, kids mentioned***

Let it out!
Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole

Re: OPP Tuesday ***babies, pregnancies, kids mentioned***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @shafwilson - Hugs!  The 2nd one especially (about your friend thinking she was pregnant) would really bother me.  Unfortunately some people just have no clue as to the etiquette they should practice when a friend is dealing with IF.  She really should have found a different friend to share that with.

This is more of a musing than a specific OPP grievance.  A couple weeks ago I posted an AW about having a meltdown after interacting with my childhood friend's 3 year old.  It's just kinda funny because nearly 3 years ago (before I was TTC) I stayed with her when her girl was 3 months old.  In the morning she was so exhausted and told me how the baby was up every 2 hours.  She said "Ugh this sucks ....here take this."  And handed me the baby so she could go brush her teeth and take a shower.  I adored her little girl then but I also remember thinking "Wow, thank god I'm not dealing with this right now!"  I knew MH and I eventually wanted kids but at that point in time I was so happy that we were NOT yet parents.  This was when I was 31 and pretty newly married.  My whole plan at that point in my life seems so unbelievably naive now.  I wanted to wait til we were married for about a year and 1/2 before we started trying.  Then by our 2 year wedding anniversary we would be able to announce that we were expecting.  Nope!  Life doesn't quite work that way .....
    **Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
    Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013
    First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
    April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
    May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
    June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
    July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
    August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
    August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
    November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    @shafwilson‌ What a hot mess. False pregnancy tests? Not likely...unless something is terribly wrong. Sounds to me like she just loves the drama. Sorry you had to put up with that.

Me (29) DH (37)

Married 7/11

Actively TTC 3/12

DX: PCOS

Current treatment: Break from IUIs until after the holidays

-----All Welcome----

~~~January 3T Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolutions~~~

(I don't do resolutions...so I stole T-Rex's)

• Options
    @AnnaClaire256 that's what I thought too! From what I understand false positives are pretty rare.  So, for her to get two of them was surprising to me.  There was a several hours lag between her initially telling me this and her reporting the results from the doctors office, and I was a wreck. I was convinced she really was pregnant because of the positives.
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options
    @amlrunner, I'm so sorry big ugly af is coming. I've been really sensitive the last few days too and don't know what to do with myself when I feel this way. BIG hugs. 

@AnnaClaire256 - those kind of people are the worst!! I had a woman actually complaining to me one time that she was having a tough time conceiving....after 6 months of trying and 3 beautiful children!! It made me sick.
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• Options

Thanks for all the support ladies!

@lemonliz I'm glad you have some warning about the BFP announcement and have the champagne cocktails on the ready!

@hrushka I'm so sorry that happened at the dinner!  You definitely handled yourself very well, probably better than I would have managed to.  Thank goodness for wine.  Oh, and self-destructive definitely describes my so-called friend

TTC since November 2013 
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options
    @shafwilson Wow. Just wow. I would really like to know what made her think you were the person who deserved to get that phone call. I hope she's not KU. I also hope she isn't passing STI's around. Yikes.

@bluejoan Oh my. It must been so bittersweet to have the LO telling you why you'd be great parents. I'm so sorry you had to hear that with all you're going through now. Maybe tuck that one away for when your a new mom and need some encouragement. :D

@hrushka I am so sorry! People are so self-centered! I am proud of you for sticking it out, you're one strong lady. :(

@lemonliz Oh my goodness, she secretly went off BC?? That should be illegal. I am so sorry for you and for her DH. 
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    @hrushka Love the well timed sarcasm. Too bad the people you were with are stupid. Sorry for the sucky dinner!
  • Options
    @Gizmo36, that is awful. What an ungrateful basket case. Seriously, bitch is too good a word for parents like that.

(((HUGS))) to all that need them.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    I don't have one this week, but wanted to give hugs to all of you.
  • Options
    @BlueFairy5 I HOPE beyond hope that this wasn't MUD by my friend.  She and I have endlessly judged a friend or two of hers in the past who faked BFPs.  And given that she knows of our IF struggle that's definitely be a pretty crappy thing for her to make up.  She also makes plenty of real life drama for herself and really shouldn't need to make any up.  All of that being said, if she felt like I was neglecting her or something lately she may have thought this would be a guaranteed way to get attention from me, regardless of whether it was good or bad attention...people can be so screwy!
    TTC since November 2013 
    All Welcome

• Options

@Lemonliz People like that make me want to pull my hair out! I hate irresponsible people who procreate. Especially to keep a spouse around.

@babeRN101 Every time I have to take care of a baby at work its like a sucker punch. I don't know how you do it working in L&D. I think I would lose my mind.  Especially every time I delivered a baby to a teen mom or some Medicaid girl with not even enough money to buy her own car seat or baby formula!

• Options
    @wazzu08‌ : Wow! I would have been fuming and probably unable to keep my cool. Sorry it was such a shitty dinner

Me: 27, DH: 32.
    BFP #1: 4/10/14--CP 4/12/14
    BFP#2: 6/9/14, MMC @ 6wks+5, D&C 7/11/14
    Diagnosed PCOS 12/2014
    BFP #3: 12/12/14--CP 12/15/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"