Pregnant after a Loss

Little sack but no pole

After having ectopic-like symptoms for a day, I went to a walk-in. The ultrasound tech says the sack is there and the "yolk" part, but no fetal pole yet. I am six weeks along and I don't know if that is a bad thing. I have to wait another week for a second scan. After one miscarriage and one ectopic I am a nervous wreck!!

Re: Little sack but no pole

• I'm sorry you didn't get better news.  Are you sure about your dates?
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • welly01 said:
    I'm sorry you didn't get better news.  Are you sure about your dates?
    This.  If your dates are just a few days off this would be normal.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • That's what the tech said! I was pretty sure about my dates but now I am questioning myself on my math :/
  • Siggy Warning: living child mentioned - PAL lurker

Hi there. I'm sorry you didn't get the peace of mind you were hoping for. I wanted to share that at this stage of the game the baby is super small and it can be missed in an early u/s. With DD we saw the little bean at the 6 week u/s but couldn't find her at the 7 week u/s and thought for a while that we'd lost her. Since it was my fourth pregnancy after three losses my nurse spent a lot of extra time looking and trying to find her. We were about to give up and say ok, come back next week and see when I just happened to spot something on the edge of the sack. We adjusted and then could see her so they do hide out in those early ultrasounds and what you are describing is not unheard of. I've been told that some doctors don't like to do scans before 8 weeks because of this. I cannot say for sure what's going on with you but finding the yolk sac and pregnancy sac is a good thing and I wish you lots of luck next week. Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We saw an empty sac at my 7 week ultrasound. The doctor told me that either my dates were off or it was a blighted ovum. I went back at 7 weeks 4 days and we saw the little one... Perfectly sized (measured only a day behind) and that little heartbeat was flickering away! 

I don't understand how one can see nothing and then 4 days later see everything, but that was my experience so I can tell you that it is possible! Try your hardest to stay positive (the waiting game is the worst) and take care of yourself. T&Ps that your little one will make their debut at your next ultrasound. Keep us posted! 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • If your dates are off even a tiny bit at this stage it can make a huge difference. Also just because you know when you ovulated doesn't mean it didn't take longer to implant which is when things would really get going. Best wishes for you at your next scan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"