Babies on the Brain
Options

Selective IGA Deficiency

Hi All-

My husband and I aren't just quite ready to TTC, but I am just off BCP and I have Selective IGA Deficiency. We will likely TTC sometime in 2015. I've been on BCP for almost 11 years and for 5 years prior I always had crazy irregular periods (although, I never really did chart them to see if there was any kind of pattern). My midwife did mention that there is a trend of irregularity and SIgAD, so I was wondering if anyone else out there has SIgAD, what's your experience with it regarding your period and when it came to TTC, your pregnancy, etc. There is not a lot of clinical research out there about SIgAD and women's issues. Any insight would be helpful!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
Visit The Nest 
Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010

Re: Selective IGA Deficiency

• Options
    I don't know anything about selective IGA deficiency, but I had very irregular periods in the decade leading up to ttc.  I charted for about 3 months before we ttc'ed the first time and found that I was indeed ovulating, although it ranged anywhere from cd14 to cd43.  I realize charting is not the be all and end all of ttc, but I highly recommend it as a starting point for anyone who wants to get more information about what their body is actually doing. 
  • Options
    Thanks!! I've just started to chart, as that was one of the things my midwife recommended. In fact, she recommended charting for more than 3 months.

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've met a few women with IGA deficiency in my reproductive immunology groups, most didn't find out they had the deficiency until they started immune testing.  The deficiancy didn't really affect their ability to conceive, but I believe it did mean that they were not a candidate for IVIG therapy to treat their immune diagnosis (high NK, high NKC, or high cytokines). 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Thanks, that's good to know. It's so frustrating to not have any information about how this might impact my life specifically as a woman. 

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"