Pregnant after a Loss

~~~Monday Ticker Change~~~

Hey, hey. I'm going to assume that since @sammelismomma gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl this morning that she will not be running the Monday Ticker change. Check out her post and congratulate her, if you have a minute.  Congrats again!

If anyone is new Monday Ticker Change, please intro below so we can get you added to the roster!

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit?
Appts/Updates?
How are you feeling?
Do you have any cravings?
QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain?

@rayann687 How did your early risk assessment u/s go?
@spartykim How was your week? You have another u/s next week?
@mamalamb10 How is your m/s as you near second trimester? Is your son letting you get any more sleep?
@creechmommy How did your 12 week appointment go?
@luckyclover0922 How was your week?
@chicagojackie That was some ugly, nasty bullshit on TTCAL last week. Seriously, what is wrong with people? When is your growth u/s? Have you scheduled your repeat c-section, yet?

Married August 2003

BFP: January 8, 2012
Due: September 5, 2012
DS: August 14, 2012

BFP: November 5, 2013
Due: July 11, 2014
MMC Detected d&c: December 29, 2013 12w5d

BFP: June 10, 2014
Due: February 16, 2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ~~~Monday Ticker Change~~~

• EDD/How many weeks/Fruit?  3 Aug 15 / 9 weeks / green olive
    Appts/Updates?   My u/s on 23 Dec showed that baby is now only measuring 3 days behind instead of the 9 days behind from the previous week, and we heard a great HB!  Next u/s on 6 Jan and I'm excited because my parents will be in town (we're military) and my mom hasn't ever been here for one of my u/s so she'll be coming with me since DH will be flying.
    How are you feeling?  Some days have more nausea than others and I've had some awful 1st tri headaches as well.  Glad DH has 10 days off for the holidays and that my parents will arrive tomorrow for a week to help entertain DD.
    Do you have any cravings? Some, but it changes by day.
    QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain?  I have some names in mind but we don't start discussing them until we know the sex.  DH tends to like totally different names than me so it'll take awhile to agree.

rainbowsSiggy picimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • SpartyKim said:
    EDD/How many weeks/Fruit?  3 Aug 15 / 9 weeks / green olive
    Appts/Updates?   My u/s on 23 Dec showed that baby is now only measuring 3 days behind instead of the 9 days behind from the previous week, and we heard a great HB!  Next u/s on 6 Jan and I'm excited because my parents will be in town (we're military) and my mom hasn't ever been here for one of my u/s so she'll be coming with me since DH will be flying.
    How are you feeling?  Some days have more nausea than others and I've had some awful 1st tri headaches as well.  Glad DH has 10 days off for the holidays and that my parents will arrive tomorrow for a week to help entertain DD.
    Do you have any cravings? Some, but it changes by day.
    QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain?  I have some names in mind but we don't start discussing them until we know the sex.  DH tends to like totally different names than me so it'll take awhile to agree.
    I am so happy about your u/s results!!!!  That will be nice to bring your mom to your next u/s!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/How many weeks/Fruit?
    EDD 7/6/15 13 weeks!!! Peach

Appts/Updates?
    Had our 12 week appt the day after Christmas.  We got to hear baby's strong heartbeat.  She didn't tell me the beats per minute, but she assured me it was right where it needed to be.  My Dr. said he expects everything to be normal and routine from here out.  I know there's no "safe" point, but it makes me feel good for my Dr. to say that.
    Next appt. is Jan 23 (16 week checkup) then after that we will have our 20 week checkup where (hopefully) we will find out the sex.

How are you feeling?
    Feeling a lot better.  Appetite is back and I only occasionally feel nauseous or dry heave at the occasional smell.  I was feeling more energetic, but then I took 2 naps today so maybe not haha. Overall feeling better though!

No haven't had many cravings at all.  I do find myself wanting more salty over sweet, but that's not a whole lot different than it was before pregnancy. 

QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain?
    No.  We've had our names picked out since before we even started trying for babies (and one name before we even got married).  And it was a pretty easy process.  If it's a girl it'll be Rylie Anne and if it's a boy it'll be Oliver William

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Hey everyone! I am going to jump in and join you all! :)

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit? Aug 31 15 / 5 weeks / Appleseed

Appts/Updates?
    My first prenatal appointment is Jan 6 and my first ultrasound will be Jan 10.

How are you feeling? My boobs are very sore, my fatigue is horrible during the afternoon 2-330ish at work I swear I could put my head down on my desk and nap, oh and my mood swings are out of this world. This morning I woke up with this like metallic taste in my mouth - it was weird but it has gone away.

Do you have any cravings? Sunday I wanted orange-flavored cinnamon rolls so bad, out of now where. I went and got them and ate them for dinner and it was amazing. I haven't craved anything else yet though.

QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain? I really like the names Parker or Owen for a boy and my DH doesn't like them at all. It's okay because we have two boy names and two girls names that we agree on but I really liked those other two and I tried my hardest to convince him!

Married 9/13/14

Me: 24 / DH: 24

BFP#1 10/15/14 - EDD 6/19/2014 - MC 10/23/14

BFP #2: 12/18/14 - EDD: 8/31/15 - MC 1/4/14 5w6d

**Currently Benched until TBD**

My Chart

• @SpartyKim I think that's great you get to bring your mom to your next u/s - I know my mom will be dying to go to one. I am in the same boat with the names. DH likes very traditional names and I tend to stray from those and really like family names. Most of my family is from the south so they aren't very traditional and he's not having it!

@Creechmommy I would take all the naps in the world if I could. That's great that you are feeling better and that your appointment went well! Ohhh I really, really like Oliver - it's adorable!

Married 9/13/14

My Chart

• EDD/How many weeks/Fruit?
    Aug. 30th (could change at 1st appt.)/5w2d/appleseed
    Appts/Updates?
    First Appt is Jan. 23rd and can’t come fast enough.
    How are you feeling?
    I’m tired but can’t sleep, anxiety is high but I’m trying to distract myself and be positive, nobody knows what I’m going through except ya’ll lovely ladies, and I’m too scared to tell anyone about the pregnancy.
    Lemonade (which I hate) and pickles...I get mad if the lemonade isn’t sour enough and frustrated if the pickles don’t taste like I think they should taste.
    We haven’t really discussed names.  I think it is because I’m too scared to jump for the moon in joy right now.  But prior to finding out I like the name April Jean (AJ) for a girl.  He is fine with Jean for middle name since it was my grandmother’s middle name but not fond of April.
  • @SpartyKim - I’m sure you will enjoy having your mom go with you.  Mom’s are always great to have at ultrasounds, but make sure tissues are ready because they seem to cry easier I think.

@CreechMommy - That is great news! Glad you are into your 2nd Trimester now!

@MrsOscarFelix - Good luck at your prenatal appt. and ultrasound appt. next week!
  • Hi ladies!  I'm new here this week also.

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit? 9/7/15 - 4 weeks/poppyseed

Appts/Updates?  First appt. is scheduled for 1/13.  Dr. has me on folic acid, progesterone, and baby aspirin.

How are you feeling? Not pregnant at all.  Nervous, excited.  Still hesitant to believe this could actually be my rainbow.  I've been having some dull pinching/pulling on my left side, I'm assuming where my ovary is.  Its not painful at all and comes and goes, but its leading my PgAL brain to suspect ectopic.  I'm still wearing a panty liner every day because I just feel like I'll start bleeding any day now.

Do you have any cravings? No, but I've been craving pomegranates for weeks (before I was pregnant).  I hope my cravings with this pregnancy will be healthy.

QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain?  I love, love, love the name Wesley but DH won't even consider it.  So sad. :(

BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • I'm so happy that you got to hear a nice.strong heartbeat!! There's nothing quite as awesome as hearing that sound! Will you buy a home Doppler?

EDD 7/6/15 13 weeks!!! Peach

Appts/Updates?
    Had our 12 week appt the day after Christmas.  We got to hear baby's strong heartbeat.  She didn't tell me the beats per minute, but she assured me it was right where it needed to be.  My Dr. said he expects everything to be normal and routine from here out.  I know there's no "safe" point, but it makes me feel good for my Dr. to say that.
    Next appt. is Jan 23 (16 week checkup) then after that we will have our 20 week checkup where (hopefully) we will find out the sex.

How are you feeling?
    Feeling a lot better.  Appetite is back and I only occasionally feel nauseous or dry heave at the occasional smell.  I was feeling more energetic, but then I took 2 naps today so maybe not haha. Overall feeling better though!

No haven't had many cravings at all.  I do find myself wanting more salty over sweet, but that's not a whole lot different than it was before pregnancy. 

No.  We've had our names picked out since before we even started trying for babies (and one name before we even got married).  And it was a pretty easy process.  If it's a girl it'll be Rylie Anne and if it's a boy it'll be Oliver William

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome! I don't miss sore boobs, at all. Occasionally now they will hurt a bit, but nothing like the pain of first trimester. I never had the metallic taste in my mouth, although I guess it is quite common.

Hey everyone! I am going to jump in and join you all! :)

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit? Aug 31 15 / 5 weeks / Appleseed

Appts/Updates?
    My first prenatal appointment is Jan 6 and my first ultrasound will be Jan 10.

How are you feeling? My boobs are very sore, my fatigue is horrible during the afternoon 2-330ish at work I swear I could put my head down on my desk and nap, oh and my mood swings are out of this world. This morning I woke up with this like metallic taste in my mouth - it was weird but it has gone away.

Do you have any cravings? Sunday I wanted orange-flavored cinnamon rolls so bad, out of now where. I went and got them and ate them for dinner and it was amazing. I haven't craved anything else yet though.

QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain? I really like the names Parker or Owen for a boy and my DH doesn't like them at all. It's okay because we have two boy names and two girls names that we agree on but I really liked those other two and I tried my hardest to convince him!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome! I hate when I am exhausted and can't sleep! It's the worst! When I want really sour, I pickup some whiskey sour mix (no alcohol, obviously) usually much more tart than lemonade.
    Mills0401 said:

Appts/Updates?
    How are you feeling?
    I’m tired but can’t sleep, anxiety is high but I’m trying to distract myself and be positive, nobody knows what I’m going through except ya’ll lovely ladies, and I’m too scared to tell anyone about the pregnancy.
    Lemonade (which I hate) and pickles...I get mad if the lemonade isn’t sour enough and frustrated if the pickles don’t taste like I think they should taste.
    We haven’t really discussed names.  I think it is because I’m too scared to jump for the moon in joy right now.  But prior to finding out I like the name April Jean (AJ) for a girl.  He is fine with Jean for middle name since it was my grandmother’s middle name but not fond of April.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome! Wow, there are so many new women. How awesome is that?!? I honestly can't identify in my head what a pomegranates tastes like. I've had them, but can't recall. This is going to bother me!
    welly01 said:

Hi ladies!  I'm new here this week also.

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit? 9/7/15 - 4 weeks/poppyseed

Appts/Updates?  First appt. is scheduled for 1/13.  Dr. has me on folic acid, progesterone, and baby aspirin.

How are you feeling? Not pregnant at all.  Nervous, excited.  Still hesitant to believe this could actually be my rainbow.  I've been having some dull pinching/pulling on my left side, I'm assuming where my ovary is.  Its not painful at all and comes and goes, but its leading my PgAL brain to suspect ectopic.  I'm still wearing a panty liner every day because I just feel like I'll start bleeding any day now.

Do you have any cravings? No, but I've been craving pomegranates for weeks (before I was pregnant).  I hope my cravings with this pregnancy will be healthy.

QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain?  I love, love, love the name Wesley but DH won't even consider it.  So sad. :(

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @footprint, they are sweet and crunchy.  I keep the seeds in the fridge and it makes a perfect cold, sweet snack at the end of the day.  Yum!!!!
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • @welly01 Welcome!  And I like the name Wesley!  Maybe DH will come around to it.
    @Mills0401  I hope the next few weeks go quickly for you so you can get to your u/s!   Lemonade sounds good.  I usually like to drink pop with my lunch & dinner (need the fizz) but I haven't really wanted it at all the last few weeks.  I've been drinking juices, milk and water with Mio.
    @MrsOscarFelix I've never heard of orange flavored cinn rolls!  Glad you knew where to find them...must be a local thing for you?
    @CreechMommy Congrats on getting to the 2nd tri!
    @footprint You haven't posted your own ticker change info for the week!  :-)  How are you doing?

rainbowsSiggy picimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • SpartyKim said:
    **snip**

@MrsOscarFelix I've never heard of orange flavored cinn rolls!  Glad you knew where to find them...must be a local thing for you?

I just get them from any grocery store. They are made by Pillsbury and typically right by the cinnamon rolls - but oh god are they awesome!

Married 9/13/14

My Chart

• Thanks, @SpartyKim‌ I always forget!

Repeat C-section scheduled for Feb 17, 33 weeks

Appts/Updates? Somehow I don't have an appointment scheduled until Jan 15, which makes it five weeks between appointments, which is far too long at this stage, but whatever.

How are you feeling? Big, pissy, out of breathe. More and more I feel like little baby is trying to claw his/her way out through my belly button.

Do you have any cravings? Not lately.

I hAve some girl names I like that I like that I probably wouldn't use: Fern, Agnes, Bernadette. I haven't even suggested them to my H -- too old fashioned.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @footprint can you add me?

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit? Mango
    Appts/Updates? Anatomy Scan Next week
    How are you feeling? Great!
    Do you have any cravings? none yet
    QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain? Yes, my husband named her and he is pretty much refusing to hear other names! He didn't like Georgia or Georgina, which I love. Her name is Gabrielle Grace, Gigi!

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @footprint can you add me?

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit? Mango
    Appts/Updates? Anatomy Scan Next week
    How are you feeling? Great!
    Do you have any cravings? none yet
    QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain? Yes, my husband named her and he is pretty much refusing to hear other names! He didn't like Georgia or Georgina, which I love. Her name is Gabrielle Grace, Gigi!

I love her name! How do you feel about it? Fx for a great a/s next week!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @footprint I thought about getting an at home doppler, but I've heard stories of people not being able to find the heartbeat only to go to the ER and find out everything is ok and they were just having trouble finding it for whatever reason.  So I'm a little nervous to get one.  Although I think my SIL has one and she's due in March so if she happens to want to let me borrow it after she's done I might just take her up on it :D

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker

• EDD/How many weeks/Fruit?  6 weeks/ sweet pea

Appts/Updates?  First appointment is set for 1/14.  I may need to change it though, which probably means it will be even later.

How are you feeling?  Nervous.  This is the week that our last LO stopped growing.  I am noticing every little twinge.

Do you have any cravings?  Nope, aversions.

QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain?  DH would love to name a boy Maximus Gunnar!  I love the initials, not the name.  But really, if this is a boy, we agree on Marcus Gabriel.  He still tries to push Maximus hoping I will cave (I won't).  He now uses Maximus as his name to give at restaurants when we make a reservation.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• benmel31 said:
    QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain?  DH would love to name a boy Maximus Gunnar!  I love the initials, not the name.  But really, if this is a boy, we agree on Marcus Gabriel.  He still tries to push Maximus hoping I will cave (I won't).  He now uses Maximus as his name to give at restaurants when we make a reservation.
    That's awesome, lol!

image  image                                                                      
  • footprint said:
    Welcome! I hate when I am exhausted and can't sleep! It's the worst! When I want really sour, I pickup some whiskey sour mix (no alcohol, obviously) usually much more tart than lemonade.
    Appts/Updates?
    How are you feeling?
    I will have to try that!! Never had a whisky sour with alcohol so this should be interesting!
  • @SpartyKim - It's really strange because the things that I love to eat/drink (onions/sweet tea) I kind of turn my nose up to it now.  With my first pregnancy I couldn't eat enough onions.  I remember one time in particular I got a cheeseburger from Whataburger and I got mad because they didn't put enough onions on it even though it was dowsed in them.
  • Thanks for running the check in @footprint‌ ! Things went well, we got to see the baby stretching it's legs. I am still waiting for the blood test results to come back.

7-6-15/13 weeks/peach

Appts/Updates?
    I had an appointment yesterday and the doctor found the heartbeat with a doppler. I was given the drink to do an early gestational diabetes test before my 16 week appointment.

How are you feeling?
    Still have some morning sickness and my whole body aches.

Do you have any cravings? I have cravings for pizza and Taco Bell, lol!

I love the name Savanah for a girl but DH hates it.

Married since 08/11/2012.

TTC since April 2014.

BFP 07/27/2014, due 04/2015. Natural MC 08/31/2014.

BFP 10/22/2014, due 07/06/2015.

Hoping for my Rainbow!

ticker imageimage
  • Congrats on your beautiful baby girl, @‌samuelismomma

I missed last wks check in :(

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit? Jan 19/37 weeks/winter melon (what even is that?)
    Appts/Updates? Just had my 37 wk appt/group b strep culture. I'm 1 cm dilated and baby's head was lower.
    How are you feeling? I'm having some gallbladder issues. I have heard it can be hereditary. My mom had her gallbladder out when I was 6 mos old due to gallbladder issues during pregnancy. It is super painful when it's flaring up! Praying it goes away post pregnancy. Baby feels like his head is lower now and Braxton hicks are increasing. Scary that it's almost time!
    Do you have any cravings? Not really but I haven't had many the whole pregnancy. Right now I'm eating all of the chocolate!
    QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain? Yes, basically all girls names. Thankfully LO is a boy and we had a name set years ago, bc if he was a she, baby would be "baby girl G____" we have very different naming tastes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Welcome! I had my first appointment pretty late, too. Close to 9 weeks. I think I was too nervous to go before that and I probably would have put it off for a year if I could! I like your H's sense of humor!
    benmel31 said:

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit?  6 weeks/ sweet pea

Appts/Updates?  First appointment is set for 1/14.  I may need to change it though, which probably means it will be even later.

How are you feeling?  Nervous.  This is the week that our last LO stopped growing.  I am noticing every little twinge.

Do you have any cravings?  Nope, aversions.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm glad the NT scan went well! Good luck on your GD test! I had to drink the citrusy glucose water twice this pg - blech! I had GD with my son, but not this time. I like the name Savannah, too!
    rayann687 said:

Thanks for running the check in @footprint‌ ! Things went well, we got to see the baby stretching it's legs. I am still waiting for the blood test results to come back.

7-6-15/13 weeks/peach

Appts/Updates?
    I had an appointment yesterday and the doctor found the heartbeat with a doppler. I was given the drink to do an early gestational diabetes test before my 16 week appointment.

How are you feeling?
    Still have some morning sickness and my whole body aches.

Do you have any cravings? I have cravings for pizza and Taco Bell, lol!

I love the name Savanah for a girl but DH hates it.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am sorry about your gallbladder issues. I have no experience with that, but my cousin finally had hers removed. It sounds absolutely awful! I hope you are able to get some relief.

You are getting so close!!! Exciting!
    sgio7485 said:

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl, @‌samuelismomma

I missed last wks check in :(

EDD/How many weeks/Fruit? Jan 19/37 weeks/winter melon (what even is that?)
    Appts/Updates? Just had my 37 wk appt/group b strep culture. I'm 1 cm dilated and baby's head was lower.
    How are you feeling? I'm having some gallbladder issues. I have heard it can be hereditary. My mom had her gallbladder out when I was 6 mos old due to gallbladder issues during pregnancy. It is super painful when it's flaring up! Praying it goes away post pregnancy. Baby feels like his head is lower now and Braxton hicks are increasing. Scary that it's almost time!
    Do you have any cravings? Not really but I haven't had many the whole pregnancy. Right now I'm eating all of the chocolate!
    QotW: Do you or your partners have any names picked out that the other refuses to even entertain? Yes, basically all girls names. Thankfully LO is a boy and we had a name set years ago, bc if he was a she, baby would be "baby girl G____" we have very different naming tastes!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board