September 2014 Moms
Options

What makes your LO laugh?

I've gotten 2-3 belly laughs from DS in the last couple days by shaking a bear at him and rubbing it on his belly.

I love hearing the belly laughs. What makes your LO giggle?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What makes your LO laugh?

• Options
    Almost everything.  But today...he bit me while feeding and I said, "ow!" He looked surprised, and then started laughing.  Not cool baby.
  • Options
    My DS absolutely loves having his cheeks kissed. Guaranteed to get a laugh even when he's upset. He also laughs when I dance around the house with him but I'm pretty sure he's laughing at me at that point lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm jealous! We've only gotten one random chuckle. She gives us huge, ear-to-ear grins all day long though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    The shadow of the fan blades on the ceiling -- not sure why the shadow induces laughter.  He laughs when I sing and when I make funny faces at him.  He laughs when we have a big reaction to his gassiness (his dad loves this!).  He laughs when he plays with my frilly scarves.
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• Options
    mana8503 said:
    I'm jealous! We've only gotten one random chuckle. She gives us huge, ear-to-ear grins all day long though.
    This. I wanna hear a laugh!

me too!!!

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I get the occasional little shriek and lots of smiles but no laughs yet. How old are these laughing babies?
  • Options
    We've only gotten a few laughs. He loves laying on his back with me standing over him and I wiggle his legs. I have no idea why that is so funny. But he grins at a lot of things.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Armpit tickles and singing silly songs to him in silly voices.

• Options
    Tickles and silly faces get her every time. <3
  • Options
    I'm also very jealous I have been waiting on hearing her laugh! She smiles almost all day... But no laugh yet
  • Options
    Dance parties! If one of us holds her and moves around, and the other dances in front of her, she can't stop laughing. Best way to make her happy if she is being a bear. Singing/chanting while dancing helps speed up the giggles!

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Options
    lbonga1 said:

Us too! No real laugh but she's been smiling big open mouthed smiles for a couple months now
  • Options
    pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited January 2015
    Our doesn't really laugh but she makes these crazy huge grins to the point of squirming. I guess we're not funny enough. She does squeals sometimes when I tickle her neck

• Options
    We get some good laughs with armpit or neck tickles and lots when we sing/play patty cake. He loves the arm movements! Wiggling his legs gets him too. He'll only laugh a few times though and will then stop and give me a look like "ok, mom, enough already!" He'll be 4 months late next week. :)
  • Options
    Literally anything Grandpa does. Also pooping his pants :)
  • Options
    Hearing them giggle is awesome isn't it? My LO giggles when we blow raspberries on his tummy, tickle his sides, or make funny faces.
  • Options
    husband is a champ at getting little man to laugh. I can make him squeal when I tickle him under his jaw. but husband gets him going when he barks at him like a dog. it's the strangest thing.

• Options
    Dd didn't actually laugh until she was 18mos. She always did some crazy gasp/squeal of excitement type of thing. I love full belly baby laughs and it's killing me to hear the new little guy laugh and sadly he's starting to make the same noises dd made. He's still pretty young, won't be 4mos until the 22nd, but still... Laugh at me lil dude!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"