October 2014 Moms

Help! BF advice

I'm currently pumping twice a day and only getting 8 oz. Is it worth it to continue?

Re: Help! BF advice

• Can you pump more often? And how old is your baby? Are you BF otherwise?
  • Cannot pump more due to work schedule and no, I don't BF otherwise :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Is that 8oz on top of BF? If so that's not bad at all! I'm happy if I average 6oz a day when I don't give bottles and that's been enough to build a decent emergency freezer stash.

• I'm unable to pump more due to a very demanding career. I have had supply issues since the beginning. Even when I was pumping 8 times a day, I was only getting about 15 oz. I have tried everything possible to increase supply. I'm not really looking for ways to increase. Just trying to decide if it's worth it for the baby to get those 8 oz. Is it really making a difference?
  • I had supply issues. ..I only got 10 ml each pump session. 15 ounces is a solid amount. Only you can decide if it is worth it.

If I could I would. But my kid has to have 100% formula.
  • little1lu said:

I'm currently pumping twice a day and only getting 8 oz. Is it worth it to continue?

It's absolutely worth it! Any amount of breastmilk is better than none! :)

Are you able to nurse LO at all when you're together? How old is your baby? You might seek help from an IBCLC for recommendations to help increase your supply and for help bringing baby back to the breast, if you'd like to nurse him.

What do you do for a living?
    imageimage
  • It's your own choice and we can't make the decision for you. Weigh the pros and cons and decide for yourself

FFS
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• As others have said 8 ounces is a lot if you are breastfeeding at the same time. We are EBF and I can pump only one, maybe two ounces in a day in addition to feeding her. So it would take me about a week to pump what you pump in a day! And I still think it's work it.
    photo 98826c1d-49e9-4f18-a2a8-311206877833_zps1c1ec21a.jpg
  • I think maybe you are hoping everyone will say it's okay to stop. You have to decide what is best for you. With DD1 I decided I was going to provide as much BM as I could for a year while still keeping my sanity. I EPed and did have to supplement some after six months. I definitely think 8 oz provides a decent benefit to you LO, but I also think FF is fine too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Even 2 ounces a day provides benefits for baby. But only you can decide if it is worth it. Obviously you've already decided pumping more often isn't.
    It's like a truth poem.

imageimageimage
  • Ninjas! Always good advice. Much like more cowbell, any situation can be improved by more ninjas. And also more pizza, apparently.

Incidentally - if my screen name doesn't mean anything to you, it refers to an especially hilarious SNL skit. It will enrich your life. Go watch:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"