April 2015 Moms

Hormonal rage moment...must share!

Hey everyone! Hope all the ladies are feeling well and babies are happy. So something happened today that had me in a full rage moment...and I wanted to see if others would have been as offended as I was!
I was with my mother and law at a local mall when she was buying some skin care products. I patiently waited with her to finish her business and she had Wetzel's Pretzel bites (which are aaaaamazing). I took a few and the man helping her felt the need to tell me "you shouldn't eat those, they so bad for you" to which a threw my sweater open like a cape to reveal my belly and let out some choice words! Mine were something along the lines of many f bombs and a few insults in between. I received no apology in the process either!
Would you have done the same??

Re: Hormonal rage moment...must share!

• Although it was rude of him to say, no, I wouldn't have dropped the F-bombs. It's kind of not surprising he didn't apologize to you after that.

Fair enough...can't believe the nerve of some people though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with PP. It was a rude comment but your reaction was way over the top. I wouldn't have apologized to you after that either.
  • edelat11edelat11 member
    edited December 2014
    I'd be a little ticked he told me what I shouldn't eat but I'm not confrontational, I would probably have given him an evil eye

[-(
  • Well...I guess my temper was a bit hot today then...verdict is in!
  • Tits calmed. Good thing I don't buy my beauty products there! Man...I thought at least a few others would've done the same! Oops! @snedge I like your idea better!
  • I think you over reacted, and not surprised he didn't say sorry. I would have gone with a snarky comment and enjoyed the rest of my pretzel.
  • His comment was moderately rude and annoying. But I would have just rolled my eyes and kept eating. Your response was over the top.
    imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well it looks like everyone agrees that you overreacted.  However, there's not much you can do about it now.  Just maybe be more aware of your reactions in the future?

PS- the guy was definitely rude, so don't beat yourself up TOO much!  :)
    January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Scarlettg said:

Well it looks like everyone agrees that you overreacted.  However, there's not much you can do about it now.  Just maybe be more aware of your reactions in the future?

PS- the guy was definitely rude, so don't beat yourself up TOO much!  :)
    Thanks :) I'm not too worried about it now, but will watch it considering the response of others. I guess I could've handled it a bit better :) thanks for the support though!
  • Awwww yum. So lucky! Now the thing I'm most pissed about is that I stopped eating the pretzel! Must return soon for more...drool.
  • The cinnamon sugar bites ...you have to @mickjoe‌
  • True! Imagine a pregnant lady and European salesman tumbling around with pretzel bits flying! Not pretty.
  • If you had to open your sweater to show your pregnant belly, should I assume he didn't know you are pregnant? If so, he was offering an unsolicited opinion on the quality of the pretzels and not you or your eating habits.

This was such an overreaction and my face is still reflecting the perplexity I feel from your description. I second the need to calm your tits!

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• He was rude and you over reacted but huge props for not taking insult on the opinions you asked for. It's really a refreshing change. Lol.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yeah, definitely an overreaction - I think I would have laughed it off, something like, Oh I know but they're worth it.
  • nomesynomesy member
    edited December 2014
    I would've just eaten another and made a point that he saw me chewing .... Gave him the "who the fuck are you look" and walked away , but anywho !!
  • nomesynomesy member
    edited December 2014
    It's hilarious to me that I read this this morning and I'm now sitting here in rage quit mode because I don't want to do New Year's Eve I want to crawl into my pjs and watch a marathon of something whiny like desperate housewives ... I have to go to an engagement party tonight where people I despise will be and I made sure to wear a "I'm not showing my bump" top so they have nothing to talk about behind my back ..... Grrrr not to mention I hate New Years as it reminds me I'm a few days from being a year older ... Ahh hormonal rage I can now see why she acted the way she original did lol!!!!!!
  • Aaa and update , I just drove to where I'm meant to be saw someone's car that I can't stand being around socially (she accused me of stealing my now husband from her even though they were nothing ) and drove off in a hot mess of hormonal tantrum tears. I'm not going to the party , I can't deal with it today .. Husband isn't with me so I my backbone is missing. And I'm going to go a to friends instead and wait for husband to finish work.
  • I look forward to it !! I'm calm now but my friend won't answer her phone so I can explain. May have lost a friend due to hormones woo!
  • I would have said nothing. If I did say anything I would have said " thanks for you concern, I can control my own diet". I for sure would not have dropped any eff bombs or gone into a rage.
  • My favourite part of this is "threw my sweater open like a cape!!" LOL Apart from the over the top response to what was definitely a rude comment (people will seriously say whatever they want, employ filter please world), the drama involved in the cape action makes it entirely worth it. I imagine your hands on your hips and your sweater blowing in the breeze...amazeballs.

Just yesterday a worker at Macy's asked me if I just ate and I awkwardly say yes. She then states I smell like food. Um ok. I feel gross now. I sort of laugh tho and said well, I guess its to the fragrance department next lol what if i hadn't just been in a restaurant and that's me in my natural glory? Scary thought.
  • Way to make you feel weird! If look at someone wired if they told me I smelled like anything but perfume haha. Subway smell in particular creeps me out, and I want to smell nothing like yeast!
    @jmhansen11‌
    That's hilarious. In a totally understandable way of course. My husband likes to wake me up lately to point out that I'm snoring. I get so pissed.
  • F that guy!!!

I mean i wouldn't have said F to his face. But the guy was a douche.

I would have just told him to mind his own business.
    imageimage
  • I shouldn't keep coming back to this thread. I really need a soft buttery pretzel right now.
    imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Talk about self control....went back to that mall today and didn't even get any pretzels!!:)
  • I don't get what displaying your bump had to do with eating pretzels.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • @mickjoe my DH has been waking me up too.  He's all, "you're snoring, roll over."  Well, what about the 8,000 times we've been asleep and HE'S been the one snoring?  Then again, the other day he came out to sleep on the sofa because I was snoring so loudly and he couldn't wake me up.  I kind of felt bad about that.  For about a minute.
    January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
  • nomesy said:

Aaa and update , I just drove to where I'm meant to be saw someone's car that I can't stand being around socially (she accused me of stealing my now husband from her even though they were nothing ) and drove off in a hot mess of hormonal tantrum tears. I'm not going to the party , I can't deal with it today .. Husband isn't with me so I my backbone is missing. And I'm going to go a to friends instead and wait for husband to finish work.

That sucks getting all dressed up and ready to go for nothing! Why is your friend inviting a bitch like that? One of my biggest pet peeves is friends who stand by while another friend is rude to you. They should stick up for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"