January 2015 Moms
Options

Lost Gift List from Shower

I can't find the list of gifts from my shower saying who gave me what. 

What do I write in the Thank you cards? "...Thank you for the baby gifts..." ???

Any suggestions?

Janelle & TK

Baby #1
EDD 1-28-15

Re: Lost Gift List from Shower

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, see if any friends or family members took pics or recorded you opening your gifts...
    .image

• Options
    Could you go through the gifts and see if there are cards in with the gifts ?  Maybe that will help charge your memory.  Also maybe talk to your hosts and / or your mom and see if they can remember who gave you what to fill in any blanks.  
  • Options

Dear __________,

From bottles to bibs, rattles and cribs, I thank you for my special gift. Your thoughtfulness and kindness made me feel like a little royal highness! My daddy and mommy thank you for the gift you got me. They say you just made their day!

Hugs and kisses,

(YOUR BABY’S NAME HERE)

from baby

I really dislike cutesy thank-yous because they seem impersonal and insincere and also thank-you notes written from "the baby."

I agree to try to use a registry or somehow figure out what people got you, but otherwise, just a note of, "Thank you for coming to my shower, and thank you so much for the thoughtful gift" would be nice.
  • Options
    emmyg65 said:
    Does your registry have a thank you manager that might show who bought what? Do you remember any givers?
    The registry isn't helpful unfortunately! :( I do remember specific gifts and who gave them to me, but each person gave multiple items, so I don't want to leave things out.

Janelle & TK

Baby #1
    EDD 1-28-15

• Options
    Could you go through the gifts and see if there are cards in with the gifts ?  Maybe that will help charge your memory.  Also maybe talk to your hosts and / or your mom and see if they can remember who gave you what to fill in any blanks.  
    I can't find any of the cards! Which makes me SO SO SO sad! I'm one of those who will keep cards and look through them ever so often. :(

Janelle & TK

Baby #1
    EDD 1-28-15

• Options
    I think a general thank you for their presence and kind/thoughtful gift is perfectly fine.
  • Options
    I have a list but my list taker SUCKEd. Terrible descriptions and half of what I was given isn't on there. So I'm basically in the same situation. It stinks but I'm just doing the best I can. Mostly I'm terrified of missing someone completely since we had two showers and so many of the guests were the grandmas friends I don't know them.
  • Options
    I lost one of mine, too. And the other was incomplete.... and I have all the written ones to address and send still :-( good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"