Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

2nd ear infection and not even 4 months?

My LO is 4 months tomorrow and on her 2nd ear infection. It cleared in between as we had it checked. She does not go to daycare, but her brother does. This seems highly unusual to me, what should we do? Should we go to ENT already? Haven't even been able to see our regular doctor as she is out on leave, but I am just really nervous about giving her another 10 days of antibiotics, it REALLY messed with her gut last time. HELP!
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 2nd ear infection and not even 4 months?

• Options
    I would def talk to a pedi about this, even if it isn't yours. Some kids are just prone to ear infections but you should still treat and be ready to see an ENT if they persist. As far as antibiotics you can use a probiotic to help her stomach. We used culturelle but put a call into a pedi first.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are pediatric ENTs but you usually have to have a referral. My nephew had 6 by the time he was 8 months old and had tubes. A pedi told me that babies normally have at least 4 by the time they are 1 yr old. I don't know how true that is I've never researched it, and i don't use that pedi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"