Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Co-sleeping help

When my son first came home from the hospital, we co-slpet b/c he had reflux and I used my arm to prop him up on his side.  I transitioned him to his pack and play (in my room) when he was 2 months without any problems.  He is now 3 months old.  We recently took a 10 day vacation and I co-slept with him due to lack of space in the room.  Upon returning home, I have having a really hard time transitioning him back to the PnP (still in my room).  The first transition took 1 night and he only fussed for a few mins after each feeding.  Now I can't get him to sleep without 30 mins of patting, shushing, tummy rubbing and a binkie - and even then, he usually ends up back in my bed around 1am just so I can get some sleep and to keep him from waking my toddler.  He sleeps great in my bed, but I sleep horribly for fear of smothering him with the blankets and it forces my husband into our spare room.  Any advise on how to get him to sleep alone again would be much appreciated!

Re: Co-sleeping help

• Options
    You can see about a sleep sack or weighted PJ? It could be that it's nice and warm next to you. The PnP might feel too open & frightening.

It will take some time. We discovered the weighted PJs (we had to special order-- DS is suspected to have a bit of a sensory issue) & it's been amazing. Granted, I cosleep still at 16 months, but we each have our own mattress. Good luck!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    What kind of weighted PJs do you use and do you worry about over heating?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"