September 2015 Moms
Options

Any teachers...?

2»

Re: Any teachers...?

• Options
    I'm actually finishing school to be a hs teacher - will start my student teaching in January after LO is born :)
  • Options
    @CFearsy‌ I'm still debating. I'll at least wait until after my first ultrasound (Feb. 4th) if not 12 weeks. Since I am wanting to come back with baby in tow, I'd like to give them a long time to consider how it would affect their kids, their home, and our relationship before making a decision. I will also offer to help them vet a new nanny if they decide me working for them with my baby isn't what they want. I'm sure we'll have to sit down and discuss options at some point ( possible pay-cut, part time vs full-time options, etc.) so I'm leaning towards telling them at 8 or 9 weeks.
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HS teacher currently out of work.
    We moved in June then again in October for DH's job, so I didn't even bother looking for this year. We're in a very rural area and there are only 3 very small high schools within driving distance. Now that we just found out I'm due Sept. 3rd, it probably won't work to try to find a job for next school year either! No idea what to do...
  • Options
    HS teacher currently out of work.
    We moved in June then again in October for DH's job, so I didn't even bother looking for this year. We're in a very rural area and there are only 3 very small high schools within driving distance. Now that we just found out I'm due Sept. 3rd, it probably won't work to try to find a job for next school year either! No idea what to do...
    Are you currently subbing? I was a sub when I was pg with DS. It worked out really well because I could refuse jobs on days I felt really gross. Plus the principals got to know me a bit. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I will teach the first month (we start around august 10th) then teach until the day I go into labor. I'm bummed though because I planned to move schools and now I'm not sure that would be the best idea.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DD1: born 8/3/2010               DD2: born 12/25/2013
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. My EDD is also around Sept 6th and I currently teach 4th and 5th grade ELA. I don't think my principal will be too happy that I won't return in September. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"