Pregnant after a Loss

Nightmares....

I keep having dreams that I start bleeding/miscarry and begin to panic in my dream.  I never bleed with my previous miscarriage (found out via Ultra sound and had D&C few days later).  Anyone else experiencing this too?

Re: Nightmares....

• Lots of loss dreams here. Hate them. The worst was a very vivid one in which the baby simply fell out of my stomach. I still shudder about it. I haven't had a single positive pregnancy dream yet.

I hope these end for you soon. ((Hugs))
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • I've been having loss dreams with this pg. I probably have at least one/week. My loss also didn't involve bleeding, so it is kind of strange that that's always the theme. I'm sure it's just because I'm so afraid of losing this baby too. It sucks, and I really wish there was a way to make them stop! I know how stressful they can be. It always takes me a few minutes to get back to reality when I wake up from them. ((HUGS))

Me: 33  DH: 32
    Married: 5/19/2006
    Hashimoto's Disease dx 9/2013
    BFP#1: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/16/15 pPROM: 7/31/14 (15w6d) D&C: 8/10/14 (17w2d - possible IC)
    BFP#2: 11/8/14 EDD: 7/17/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersBabyFruit Ticker  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Hang in there, lady. I'm almost 30 weeks and I still have dreams like that sometimes. Now they are more stillbirth/preterm labor dreams, but scary none the less. I kept telling myself that I'm pregnant until told otherwise (when I was in the 1st 1/2 or so of my pregnancy) and now I just make sure I feel her move regularly, and it helps. Hugs. 
  • Thank you I feel better knowing that I'm not alone.

@pblge - Thank you and I hope you have a positive one sooner than later.

@smagglebit - Thank you! Is it strange that this actually gave me some relief to know I'm not alone?

@mandi195 - Thank you! My husband tells me that he doesn't know why I'm not excited/jumping over the moon with this pregnancy.  I'm just trying to take it one day at a time and am in countdown for my first OB appt.
  • @Mills0401 I totally understand, my husband was thrilled (and I was too, somewhere beneath the fear) and thought I was mental for not doing a happy dance. It was so hard for me to get excited about something I was terrified was going to be taken away from me. Even now, we have the crib, dresser, etc all set up, and I still don't feel excited. Once she's in my arms, then I'll be excited... until then I'm just trying to keep my head above water with the fear and embrace that my little one is healthy and growing strong.
    It does get easier, I promise. I don't think it ever goes away (until baby is here), but as time passes and you pass milestones, it does get a bit easier. 
  • I have found that I often dream about whatever I'm thinking about or reading before bed . Does anyone bump before they go to sleep ? Maybe someone else's post about spotting is sticking in your mind as you drift off to dream land ? Just a thought .
    I myself had a total unrelated dream about my H hooking up with my best friend . WTF! Dreams while pregnant are way too vivid . I'm mad at them both right now. So silly.

BabyFruit Ticker

photo octoberangel.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm right here with you! I don't necessarily dream I miscarry all the time, but in my dreams I am always pregnant. Weird how the mind works.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• @MrsSnyder124‌ that is hilarious!! I have to admit I've had dreams like that and luckily for my husband he wasn't home when I woke up or he would have definitely caught my attitude!
  • @Mills0401‌ I've half asleep slapped him for something he did in a dream . Oopsie :) my dream husband is a total tramp sometimes .

BabyFruit Ticker

photo octoberangel.jpg

• @MrsSnyder124  Thank you for that laugh this morning! I needed that! Last night I was lucky enough not to have any nightmares.  Although it might have been because I had an 8yo and a 9yo in my bed which prevented me from getting good sleep. LOL! My husband is out of town for work this week and my daughter had a friend spend the night and her friend is a cuddler so they booth bunked with me and they sleep the same way! Both do 360s in their sleep causing me to get none! All good not nightmares!!!
  • I'll take a bed of rolly polly kiddos over nightmares any night ! I'm glad your mind gave you a break :)

BabyFruit Ticker

photo octoberangel.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"