Cloth Diapering

Tula probz

Just got my first Tula for Christmas. We were using a Bjorn with no back support before that.
I LOVE the Tula. But it seems like LO absolutely hates it... And I'm crushed :(
He hates being put in it, and he will tolerate it if I'm walking around, but if I stop moving for one second, he starts to crank again.
I feel like we didn't have this problem with the Bjorn. 
We are also on vacation, so he's a little out of sorts... Not sure if that could be contributing.
Is there anything I can do to get him to like it more? Or is he just not a kid that wants to be worn?

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
**Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
"Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage

Re: Tula probz

• It's most likely just a thrown off schedule.

When my kids were cranky and over tired (every time we travel), I would need to put them in the carrier and keep moving.  If I stopped they would wake or start fussing.

I'd keep at it when you get home.
  • I would say keep trying for a while after vacation. It could be out of sorts. Could be that the Tula feels different than the Bjorn and he needs some time to get used to it.

In the meantime keep trying it. Try when he's recently fed and not too tired/cranky. Short periods of time are ok. They will help to get him used to it. If I remember right your LO is still pretty young. Make sure you have him positioned nice and high, so you can kiss the top of his head. Movement/bouncing...you know the calm the baby bounce we all do...are great ways to calm him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys, I'll keep trying :)

imageimage
  • Have you tried rolling up a small blanket or hand towel for him to sit on?

• Have you tried rolling up a small blanket or hand towel for him to sit on?
    I have not. What's the benefit, so he can see better over the top?

imageimage
  • How old is your little one? When we tried on a tula it spread her legs too far apart and she didn't like that.
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    Ultrasound showed no heartbeat 2/14/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    1st Beta 89, 2nd Beta 214
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • How old is your little one? When we tried on a tula it spread her legs too far apart and she didn't like that.
    He's almost 5 months... And about 16 lbs. I never thought about that 

imageimage

He's almost 5 months... And about 16 lbs. I never thought about that 
    Definitely try the small towel or blanket. We used that at that age/size. I stopped around 5 months and 17ish lbs, but R is also 95% for height so he was already 27in long when we stopped using it. 

Also, when he is overtired and/or overstimulated he will protest being put in the tula at first. if i just keep moving and put the hood up (and sometimes a light blanket over that to block his view) he will go right to sleep. 
  • Yes, the towel can boost them do they see out better and helps them not have to spread their legs out quite so far. You can google some good videos that show proper positioning with the rolled towel.

• Mapleme said:

I also recommend nursing in the Tula. That was critical to M getting used to our Boba.

This is a stupid question but can someone explain to me how I can nurse in the tula and not suffocate her?

• My DD much prefers the tula when I'm moving as well. We did lots of practicing with it when we went to Florida though and she loved it much more than I thought she would, so keep practicing. I agree with others though that seeing over the top could be an issue. DD is only 17 pounds now so she is still really small in the Tula and sometimes she gets mad in it just because she wants to be able to see around more.

• Ooh! I think I can help with the how :) I loosen both arm straps and wiggle her down so that she's leaning toward the side she's nursing on... Then I get her latched. Once she's happy, I normally put the hood up on the side she's nursing on for a bit of support (I don't always do this). Then I snug up the straps so the tula ends up crooked with the strap tighter on the side she's on, but looser on the opposite side... I took pictures, if that helps...
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• This is my favorite way to do it, but I think it's definitely one of those "find what works for you" things :)
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Thanks @ElleBeeDub‌ and @Mapleme‌ I'll start with your suggestions and see if I can figure it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"