May 2013 Moms
Options

New Years Plans

What are your plans for New Years this year?
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: New Years Plans

• Options
    We will get a few movies and I will attempt to make prime rib, mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts for dinner. And wine lots of wine!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    My sisters, brother, their families, my family and my parents usually get together to play games, eat and have fun. I have not wanted to go out for a New Years party in years.

This year due to a sports tournament it will be just my parents and my family. I am actually really happy that my oldest will be staying home this year. I want as much family time as possible while I can get it. Board games, video games and eating good food is how we will spend our time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We go to DH's uncle's house to hang out, order food, and play games. It's a young tradition for my SILs and myself to play Just Dance on the Wii. I am really hoping that DS goes to sleep so I can play this year.

And @jacqueandadam‌, are you in my head? Before I came on tonight I thought about posting about perfume and NYE plans. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    @rea1687‌ - just trying to liven the board up. It's been really quiet lately.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    We go to my in laws and will stay the night and watch the ball drop on TV. We always have tons of food and play games, then on New Years we have a meal we eat every year and just spend time with family.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    I'm really old because NYe isn't even on my radar.
  • Options
    @ the ILs... woo hoo
  • Options
    Staying up until Midnight seemed impossible but DH got into the Harry Potter movies that were playing on ABC family yesterday so we stayed up last night until midnight. Maybe we'll find something exciting to watch and do it again, we're both off but K is in bed by 8:30-9 at the latest so no festivities for us.
  • Options
    Christmas with the in-laws. Every NYE for the last 6 years. I hope that changes in the near future, but I'm pregnant this year so who cares.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My best friend's birthday is NYE and she would host a party every year. She moved to SC this past Feb, so it's my first year not spending it with her. H wants to host a party, but our apartment really isn't big enough. He also won't help with the associated cooking or cleaning (he believes it unnecessary to straighten up for friends), so I'm not really feeling it.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We will probably watch a movie and we usually watch the ball drop in NYC which is 10pm for us.  We don't usually stay up much later than that and I don't expect this year to be any different.  Having a LO didn't change much for us, we haven't gone out on NYE in years.  In the past I always found going all out on NYE to be expensive and overrated.  I would much rather spend a quiet night at home with DH and LO.
  • Options
    A's playgroup is going to a count down till noon party on nye. Thats prob as close to counting down I'll get. We plan on watching movies and ordering chinese and maybe make it till 12 , probably not happening lol.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    We have no intention of staying up until midnight (or even midnight in NYC, which is 11 here). Last year we watched the fireworks on YouTube in Sydney and London and we'll do that again. We are making steak and will have some wine when the girls go to bed. We are old AND extremely boring.

To be honest though, even if we weren't parents of small children we would probably just go out for a fancy dinner and come home and watch TV with a few drinks. New Year's Eve is so overrated.
  • Options
    Oh, and my H is having a root canal in the morning. Rock on.
  • Options

Is it a sign that I'm getting old when I have no plans and making plans sound uninteresting to me? Actually, staying up till midnight sounds uninteresting to me as well.  God I AM old!!!!!!

All of this.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I definitely won't make it til midnight. Unless I happen to wake up in the middle of my sleep. My plans are to just hang out at home with DH and LO. Tomorrow my mother will come over and we are just ordering pizza and salad. We just want to be able to relax.

• Options
    We haven't made it till midnight in years. We are having dinner and LO will be in bed by 8. :)

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    We decided to have a few people over last minute. Nothing big just an intimate get together with good friends and some family. We have everyone coming around 9 so baby girl will be in Bed by then. Beats the heck outta last year when baby girl was recovering from her hospital stay. Thanking God for a healthy Baby Girl this year and in years to come.

• Options
    passed out at 10, no alcohol in sight. Yep, I'm old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"