Baby Names
Options

Bodhan

What are your thoughts on this name?

We were initially thinking Bowen but for various reasons it was axed.  I came across this name and like it but I'm nervous it's a little to out there.  We have 1 ds - Nathaniel and I think it's neat that Bodhan has the same meaning as Nathaniel.  

Nathaniel goes by Nathan, sometimes Nate.  Bodhan would inevitably get shortened to Bo.
After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

Re: Bodhan

• Options
    I'm not a fan.
    I do love Nathaniel though.
  • Options

I only saw Bohdan, and I think it's a stretch with Nathaniel. I'd try again, it's definitely NMS. Or MN it.

Don't you think it's a little odd to have both of your kids' names have the same meaning?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Total typo on my part - should say Bohdan, not Bodhan.  Sorry about that.

As for being odd that they would both have the same meaning.  No, I don't think it's odd at all.  I think it's a pretty great meaning and not one that they would ashamed of.

Miles and Jonas also share the same meaning and are on our list as well.   Totally by chance, not because they share the same meaning.  I like those names too, they just don't have a nickname that I'm fond of.

We are getting close - and I really have no idea what we will end up naming this little one if it is a boy.

• Options
    I'm still not a fan.
    Of the three, I'd go Miles but I still don't think it's as great as Nathaniel.
    I like Nathaniel and Alexander together.
  • Options
    Alexander is a great name - my SIL thought so too.  She has Alexander and Sebastian. 

I am totally open to suggestions, keep them coming.

• Options
    Anthony
    Isaac
    Benjamin
    Harrison
    Thomas
    George
    Nicholas
    William
    Elliott
  • Options
    Could you do Bowdon instead of Bohdan? I don't really like the name but maybe that spelling is better? I really like Miles. I also like Samuel but might be too matchy with Nathaniel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Eh... I like boaz or Bodhi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"