July 2013 Moms
Options

C.p.Sun.: Do you think it's dumb for a calzone place to automatically put peppers and onions in?

edited December 2014 in July 2013 Moms
brought to you by a convo. d.h.&I just had about a place we ordered from that did this

C.p.Sun.: Do you think it's dumb for a calzone place to automatically put peppers and onions in? 72 votes

Yes.
54% 39 votes
No.
41% 30 votes
s.s.
4% 3 votes

Re: C.p.Sun.: Do you think it's dumb for a calzone place to automatically put peppers and onions in?

• Options
    I don't like peppers either, but most the time with pizza I just automatically expect them. I'm guessing they weren't listed in the ingredients.
  • Options
    My vote was "no" but that's assuming that somewhere on their menu it says that all calzones come with onions and peppers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think it's dumb.
  • Options
    I think onions and peppers are icky. So yes. :)
  • Options
    I put ss because I think it depends on the type of calzone. If it is something like chicken parm, then peppers and onions do not belong in it. A veggie calzone or a steak and cheese would be fine with peppers and onions. Either way, they should be listed with the ingredients and not just thrown in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They literally come in every calzone unless you say otherwise.  It says this in super small print somewhere randomly on the menu.
  • Options

They literally come in every calzone unless you say otherwise.  It says this in super small print somewhere randomly on the menu.

Yeah that's strange that they don't make it very clear. When I think calzone in think plain cheese is the "standard"....and now I want one.

imageimageimage

• Options
    @Dani428 - Yea.  When we brought it back they didn't even say, "O, they always come w/those", so the next time we ordered it happened again.  Luckily that time someone told us, but also said it happens all the time.  Don't know why they don't make it more clear on the menu then (like put it IN the calzone section).
  • Options
    If it happens all the time why wouldn't they change it - that would irritate me too lol. No really - I want one now :-w

imageimageimage

• Options
    @Dani428 - L.o.l., sorry.  If it makes you feel better, I don't think I've had one since then (I think I may have been pregnant w/d.d.).
  • Options
    No it makes me sad for both of us @reallylongusername‌ lol!!

imageimageimage

• Options
    MyrrhajMyrrhaj member
    edited December 2014
    I love peppers and onions, so personally I wouldn't mind having those included free of charge. However, when I think of a calzone, I think of two to three main ingredients: the bread pocket, cheese (mozzarella and/or ricotta) and possibly a cured meat. Everything else is optional.
     photo 4e45a05e-3ae9-47cc-8426-add6bb675340_zps983d487a.jpg
                photo d2dcf996-bfd5-4c24-9964-9fec17650083_zpsa207334b.png               

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"