Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

18 month old won't eat

My 18 month old won't eat all he wants is milk or juice I got him to eat a little applesauce late last night but I'm getting a  little concerned and my mother in  law telling me my son is starving to death is not helping any. do you guys have any go to foods that your toddler will eat without fail or any tricks to get them to eat?

Re: 18 month old won't eat

• How much milk and juice is he drinking? He may be to full of liquid calories to eat. I would try cutting back on the milk and juice and offering water.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • DS goes through phases. There was a while where he would always eat applesauce. If he refused anything, I could usually sneak in a few pieces in a spoonful of applesauce. Now it's cheese.

I'd be more focused on whether he is acting and sleeping normally. Does he have a good amount of energy during the day? Does he sleep through the night? If yes to both, I'd be inclined to agree with @jesselayne8‌ and say he's probably just getting filled up on liquids. I wouldn't listen to your MIL saying he's starving to death. Unless he's severely underweight or waking up hungry in the middle of the night, he's probably fine.

• Loading the player...
  • Give him a fork or spoon and let him feed himself.  Sometimes, if DD (21 months) is being picky, this helps.  She always has a fork at meal time but still likes to use her fingers.  But tonight I gave her a yogurt cup with her spoon and she ate most of it and wore the rest. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"