Baby Showers

Favorite place to register

I was thinking of registering with Amazon and Babies R Us.
DH's family tends to do a lot of online shopping and Amazon just tends to have better prices. But I know that some people really prefer a brick and mortar store. But because there are so many options online I feel like it might overwhelm me. Our families are wanting us to start soon. Any thoughts?

Re: Favorite place to register

• There is the exact same discussion a few posts down.
  • leela02leela02 member
    edited December 2014
    I would register wherever you would buy stuff so that you can use the completion discount. I bought most of our baby stuff off Amazon so I registered at Amazon. People who didn't want to use the Amazon registry got their presents elsewhere and that's just fine. People aren't expected to use your registry if they don't want to so I don't think it's too big a deal where you register, though registering at a physical store for convenience is not a bad idea either. I wouldn't register at more than 2 stores.
  • Loading the player...
  • Everywhere! Most b&m places have some sort of goody bag when you register. You can later narrow down based on which stores carry the items you really want.

Target, Walmart, BuyBuyBaby, BRU
  • mellizzardmellizzard member
    edited December 2014
    I chose to register at Babies R Us and Target. Target has been great! BRU on the other hand has been a freaking nightmare. I suggest you register at BuyBuyBaby, Walmart, or Amazon over BRU.
  • I decided to register at buy buy baby and target. Buy Buy Baby has a huge selection compared to BRU and friends of mine who have previously registered with BRU have had issues with them. Target is more for the bigger items (crib, stroller, pack n play, etc) and my buy buy baby registry is more geared to the smaller items. 
    I was going to do a registry at Amazon as well, but I like to see the things in my hand before I buy anything so registering in the store was a better decision for us.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I registered at BBB, BRU, Amazon, Target, and Bratt Decor. I have the multiple registries primarily for the completion discounts. I am a FTM and think I am having a shower (although it's a surprise) so I didn't make anything private.

We plan on purchasing the big items, like the nursery furniture, play pen, and swings with the completion discount.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• I did Amazon and BBB with DS1. I heard too many bad things about the BRU registry and didn't have a good experience with the Target wedding registry, plus our Target didn't have nearly all the stuff we wanted/needed.

Many of the b and m stores have limited quantities and also may only carry certain brands based on various agreements they have with some companies (plus with most of them you can buy items online--but not all items).

amazon made it easy for us as we could search for the items on our store registry and see if we could get a better price, especially after the showers when we were getting the final items we wanted/needed.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Speaking only as someone who purchases gifts on registries, I will second (fourth?) that BRU sucks so bad.  I hate them and I won't buy anything from there.  

I had a pretty good experience at BBB, except they printed me out a ridiculously hard to read version of the registry, but it wasn't the end of the world.

• I love buy buy baby as well as target! Both can buy online or in store. Also diapers.com has toooons of stuff. I'm not a fan of bru.
  • I registered at Amazon because we use them for everything and they do have a lot of great prices. I also registered at Walmart for things that were cheaper than Amazon.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for the insight. I wasn't quite sure which places to choose. But we ended up registering on Amazon and also with BRU. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"