Orange County Babies
Options

Intro: FTM in OC!

I'm a dummy and JUST realized there are area groups on TB too... @-)

So here's my "late" introduction ...

I'm a FTM in the Costa Mesa/Huntington Beach area. I'm due in early February with a baby girl. DH and I are 2,000+ miles from any family, and we've lived here for about 4 years now. I recently found out that my parents and in-laws won't really be able to make it out around the time of our daughter's birth, so I'm having a bit of anxiety/sadness over that. DH can take a week off when DD is born, but after that it's just me and a baby once he goes back to work!

Most of my friends are in completely different stages of life (single, engaged, newly married, no kids, etc.) so I thought this board would be a good place to start at finding a local mommy-niche. I'm a teacher, too, so that helps a lot with flexibility. Any advice on where to meet other moms (classes to take, work-out ideas, and so on..) would be extremely helpful!

I feel like I just put up an online dating ad... (:|

Re: Intro: FTM in OC!

• Options
    Hi @loriann091! Albeit too late, welcome and congratulations! I'm steadily working my way to my April due date. There are many special interest groups in FB that are more active the the OC community. First time mommy group is a general one (I think this is for everywhere). I subscribe to a baby wearers and cloth diapering group.

As with your parents, there is always Skype or FaceTime! I feel like that's a great option to be
    Close and yet not in your way. I come from a family that is usually more Harm than help, and I love to disconnect when I can :) we are not calling anyone with baby news until we get home (advice from some lovely ladies from the La Leche league- the OC chapter is a great mommy resource and meet in garden grove and Irvine once a month). Best of luck!
  • Options
    Hi loriann091, I know exactly how your feeling. My husband and I are originally from Germany and all our family is there. None of them will be here for the arrival of our baby girl in May so we are on our own for that. I am hoping they will visit shortly after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"