Pregnant after 35

Another new member

carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
edited December 2014 in Pregnant after 35
Hello ladies!  I finally decided to jump in and introduce myself.  I'm 38 y.o., 11 wks pregnant with my first baby, due in July 2015.  

Ours has been a bumpy ride so far.  We TTC-ed for 6 mos. before we got our first positive hpt in the beginning of Nov., but the next day the pee test at my dr.'s office was negative and I had bleeding that began that day, so we thought it was a CP.  Then at the beginning of Dec., I was feeling sick in the morning and broke out, so I took a test and it was positive (!).  That time the test at the dr.'s office was also positive (yay!), and we thought we were 5 weeks along.  A couple days later I started bleeding again, was sent in for an HCG test, and they were super high, so I had a u/s and we learned that not only were we not miscarrying, but we were 9 wks (not 5 wks) along with a healthy bean.  

Since then, the bleeding has backed off to slightly more than spotting, but today it was heavier and red again - so off to urgent care.  Again, the u/s showed a healthy baby with a heartbeat!  They can't tell what the cause of the bleeding is yet, but I'm finally scheduled for a regular OB appt. the week of 1/5 (can you believe they were booked three weeks out?!).

On the upside, we told DH's brother and my mom our news yesterday, and it was fantastic.  My mom shouted "Are you kidding me?!" and cried big crocodile tears.  We hugged it out.  :)

I've decided to just go ahead and plan for a healthy pregnancy and baby.  I'm going to try hard not to worry so much anymore, and to just focus on enjoying this process!  As the midwife who saw me today said, at this point a m/c is very uncommon and it's not within my control anyways so it's best to have a positive attitude.  Worry-wort, begone!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Another new member

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"