August 2014 Moms
Options

Any new favorite toys?

SteffieR13SteffieR13 member
edited December 2014 in August 2014 Moms
There were a few discussions on Christmas toys/gifts the past few weeks. Now that your LO has been given them and had the opportunity to try some of these new things out, have you found a new favorite toy for your LO?

We did not get too many things for DS, but he has gone crazy over his new Fisher Price Crawl Along Snail. When he rolls over to his tummy, he gets frustrated, but I am able to put it in front of him, and it keeps him occupied during tummy time. I highly recommend it if you are looking for an interactive toy that isn't too expensive!

ETA: Fix grammar
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any new favorite toys?

• Options
    She loves a few fisher price toys. One is a bee that vibrates and bounces around, a little bird in a ring that chirps, and her jumperoo.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LO got a jumperoo and a fisher price train thing. He would rather play with empty fruit snack wrappers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS hasn't had a chance to play with most of his new toys yet, but he loves the Fisher Price puppy I picked up for him. I've even managed to get in a couple of decent tummy time sessions with its help.
  • Options
    Itty bit seems overwhelmed by toys, sort of like each toy is sensory overload for her (idk if it's due to her being a preemie or what...the toys are all about age appropriate). She does enjoy this one toy that has all these different wire things coming out of it. She will grab it and hold onto it for dear life lol. She also likes her elephant lovey and the seahorse that the tummy lights up and plays a soft song...all the other toys - a simba toy that balls roll out of, the walk and play lion, the click and rattle toys, even the keys and rattles she'll look at for a minute then starts getting fussy with them....idk
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    DS is all about the oball!
  • Options
    MIL gave us a glove that is an Old Macdonald finger puppet, one animal on each finger, and a tiny version of the book on the palm. DS loves it! He grabs onto each of the fingers and rolls toward it if I put it to his side.

image    image
  • Options
    With all the money we spent on toys and baby equipment , LO loves this vibrating John Deere teether that looks like an ear of corn more than anything! My cousin that bought it for her is pretty proud of getting her the new favorite toy for under $10.
  • Options
    He loves the infantinio squeeze and teethe elephant! The ears fit perfectly in his mouth.
  • Options
    We are just getting started and still have our extended family Christmases to go. We gave her a glow worm and she likes that.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    DD's favorites are Mittens the Kitten made by Lamaze (we also have Mortimer the Moose, another favorite), her oball red car, and Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Puppy's Piano (it has English and Spanish settings).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MrsDeo: We have both of those toys and love them. I got the teether toy at a thrift store for 29 cent, threw it in the dishwasher and it was as good as new.

We got this Skwish teething toy as a baby shower gift for my first daughter and both kids have LOVED it. I highly recommend it and always buy it for expecting moms. Babies like to gnaw on the little rounded ends and can grab the toy and accidentally smack themselves with it without it hurting.

We still use these toys too - Fisher Price On the Go gift set that were her older sister's. They are indestructible and I can throw them into the dish water when I'm washing my pump parts.

At this stage I only give her toys that can be put in the washer or dishwasher. No battery required stuff. 
  • Options
    DS hasn't had a chance to play with most of his new toys yet, but he loves the Fisher Price puppy I picked up for him. I've even managed to get in a couple of decent tummy time sessions with its help.
    Is that the fisher price puppy that has his body parts labeled? Someone gave it to us as a gift and I find the way it says "I love you" "you're special" and "hug me" to be very creepy!
    That's the one! I do find some of what it says a little weird (like how can a stuffed animal love someone?), but DS seems to like it.
  • Options
    Eena1242 said:

Out of all his toys, he likes the wrapping paper the best.

My guy HATED the paper. His eyes got huge and then he started crying. He's usually super laid back so his out-and-out hatred surprised me.

We got a cool floor play mat from H's parents and he got a jumper from mine. He's pretty thrilled with both!
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    sweetpies said:

DS loves Lamaze Freddie Firefly. His nose seems to be especially tasty!

Lo got one like this that is a butterfly! She loves the crinkly wings :)
  • Options
    Tissue paper
  • Options
    Bows, all the bows went straight in his mouth!! lol!
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Options
    Wrapping paper Lol
  • Options
    The winkel! Loves it. And some glowing sea horse thing that plays music. And oball keys.

All time favorite is still her dolly. It's a miss pink cotton flower by corolle.
  • Options
    DS lives the sqwish and the oball best of all. He also likes the Melissa&Doug crab toy. None of which were bought specifically for him, poor second child.
  • Options
    LO loves her soft blocks!
  • Options
    DS absolutely loves his Oball activity mat and extra Oballs, and he has a Lamaze frog and peacock which I would say are his favorite.
  • Options
    My parents got LO a Fisher Price Wiggimal. He loves it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"