September 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone up for a UO/FFFC holiday style?

Come on, who has a good one. After spending so much family time lately, all the judginess should be out. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
Kid #2 - maybe???
Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
#11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

Re: Anyone up for a UO/FFFC holiday style?

• Options
    I judge my sister, A LOT, and then I feel bad about it.

She doesn't reprimand my nieces, she lets my mom do it.  It sucks for my mom and I feel like I have to do it when I am around.  

Judgy McJudgerson here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    My Step-MIL is a piece of work. She insisted on opening her presents first, and greedily. I don't even know how to explain it, but she was very rude about opening her gifts and judging them in front of everyone. All before she even offered any of the children in the room a gift.

Poor L was sooo good watching and handing out gifts, but the poor thing really wanted to open one. Finally SIL was handed a gift and had L help open. The rest of DH's family (MIL not included) were kind of ridiculous and bratty.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I spent all morning going through the toys we got, and we are only keeping like 4. I then made a spreadsheet of where each take-back item is sold (because no one gives gifts receipts) and who is selling it for the most money. We will be exchanging all of the toys for a trampoline this spring, I think. 
  • Options
    FFFC: I didn't really get anything for xmas. I swore up and down I wouldn't care and tried to be as earnest as possible about it with DH but I'm kind of super bummed.

I got him a few small but thoughtful things and he felt like a POS about not really getting me anything but then sort of made the feeling bad about him.

2nd FFFC: because I didn't get anything for xmas, I justified the purchase of new makeup, a new exercise regimen, a new years juice cleanse, and a new pair of glasses. New year new you or whatever.
    This happened at our house too.  I lost it on DH, because he was like, we weren't going to exchange gifts... I said, you know you could be grateful and say hey, thanks awesome wife who thought about me and paid enough attention to the things I said to get me things that I really wanted.  I was more upset by the way he acted than I was about not getting anything.

I am using that to justify going to see my mom this weekend.  

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options

DH and I said no gifts this year since we've spent a crap ton of money on things. Apparently we had a conversation that I don't remember stating a stocking and if chocolate or candy was ok. According to him I said ok. Well, I thought I was doing good by getting him a card. Yeah he showed up Christmas morning (Eve for us) with a stocking full of chocolate. I felt so bad since I seriously didn't get him a thing. I feel like a butt head.

We're also returning almost everything DH's family got DS. I feel bad but they are never around to know what he has and always get something he infact already has. I need to follow you @tyrannadsaurusjess and scour where we can get the most money back :) Awesome idea although I'm pretty sure it's Walmart.

• Options
    I must stink. Like for real smell. I have more body spray and perfume than I know what to do with. Most from DH.

I'm attempting to look busy as work today. It's kinda entertaining.

• Options
    I just ate a whole box off Walkers cookies. I refuse to share with DH and the kid.

• Options
    FFCC-
    I drank mimosas all day yesterday. I was never drunk, but was sort of tipsy most of the day.

I'm judging my SIL who randomly bought my sister a gift, but no one else. Maybe she bought it for my sister because my sister buys all the adults gifts even though we do secret Santa between each other, but it still bothers me. I think she should've given it to her privately, not in front of everyone else. SIL does weird shit like that constantly. Like when she invites other SIL Christmas shopping in front of my sister and me but doesn't ask us. I guess she's just rude.

I'm also judging everyone who sent me a Xmas card only after I sent them one!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    I just got rid of the tree. Love having the space back and so happy Christmas is over.

I also didn't get a gift, but some pretty thoughtful stocking stuffers. Step up from last year.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    FFFC: I didn't shower today and napped during Aedan's nap. In my defense, I still have a dumb cold and the Zyrtec I took made me drowsy. But we are always lazy on the 26th if possible. The boys watched too much tv, but also played with practically every toy they got for Christmas. My house is a mess.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    my mom went way way overboard on everything for Ds, myself, DH, sister and BIL. Now she's butt hurt bc my dad didn't like his gift. She seriously has a shopping/spending money problem and we all see it.

She bought DS the stupid elf on the shelf for next year....I think it's going to creepily show up to her house next year.

I think next year I am going to tell her consumables only. Sounds awful but we don't need anymore STUFF!
  • Options
    We did a name-drawn with a $50 limit for DH's siblings. I ended up with his sister. I got her a simple pallet wall hanging with a quote on it(she turned 40 this year and is really reflective and the quote was "let it go". Um plus she loves Frozen, way more than a normal grown up), a dressy infinity scarf and some cozy socks bc she works from home & her office is in their basement.

Her H( my BIL) had my name but she made it clear that he didn't buy my gift. Instead she announced that my 8 y/o nephew picked out my present. NMS slippers and 2 pair of earrings-one pair is rainbow-striped sparkles. Everything is from Kohl's (I can tell by the brands) and I am certain that it probably cost $25, $30 max bc we all know everything is on sale at Kohl's.

I'm not ticked about the amount bc I could totally do some damage at Kohl's even at 9m pregnant on some new lounge clothes or pjs or kitchen stuff. But the fact that she let my nephew pick out my gift. I felt like an after-thought by having my nephew pick my gift, like I wasn't worthy of something thought out, especially since I thought about hers a lot. Oh and she had my BIL's name (her bro) and got him an actual nice, normal gift.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @amandad715 is it possible that her H *did* pick it out? And maybe she was just covering for him because he didn't do very good?
  • Options
    All the smack I talked about my mom's awful gift giving.... And she blew me away. A new camera and the cutest handmade baby quilt ever. I feel like a brat and hope I am knocked back into place for awhile.

We did Cristmas eve with DH's family. I got the stomach flu at 6am Christmas morning and barfed all day :(. Other people in DH's family started dropping like flies late Christmas night. So far 12/22 people have had it. DH just had his first barf now. Surely I didn't give this to everyone? Why did I get it 12 hours before everyone else? I'm guessing my shit immune system, but I hope I wasbt the source.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I am not a great gift giver :(

I had SIL for secret Santa. She put down gift cards and a scarf for ideas. I got her a scarf, gift card, and chocolate. There isn't much room with $25 to be very creative but I feel like I dropped the ball.

She got some super cute things for my new baby and for me "from my nieces." I didn't get her anything else because the secret Santa is supposed to let adults off the hook from buying for everyone. She only had 4 gifts and I feel so bad.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @harti09 holy moly, I wonder if you can freeze some of it?

• Options

@amandad715 is it possible that her H *did* pick it out? And maybe she was just covering for him because he didn't do very good?

This. I'll be honest, when we do SS with H's family, I have a harder time with some siblings than others and have dropped the ball with his SIL before. SS is hard, unless you specifically tell someone what you want, it leaves a huge gray area on gift giving.

• Options
    harti09 said:

I think Edible Arrangements are really stupid and a waste of money. I've voiced this opinion many times with my family. Even DH knows, and he never listens to anything I say. I received a giant bouquet for my birthday today. We were speechless. It's freaking huge. It's from my mother.

I looked it up, she spent close to $200 on speared fruit. I don't even know what to do with it. We'll try to eat it obviously, but my goodness. 
    Holy sh*t, does anyone need that much fruit?! What @tinyhumantoe‌ said, maybe it's freezable?

• Options
    Maybe my BIL did pick it out.....hmmm,. I was very gracious and thanked them more,than once. Also, after I opened it,  I put the slippers on to make sure they fit, stuck the earrings up by my ears to "model" for my nephew. 
    I am super easy to buy for-scarves-love 'em, books-if you recommend them, I'll read them, coffee-yep, I'll drink it, anything cooking related-sign me up, wine-just give me 2 weeks and I'm good with it, decorative holiday stuff-I always like bc I never buy it for myself. 
    SIL is normally a pretty good gift-giver, that's why I was so bummed. It was my only gift too. And after being at the hospital with my family and my uncle passing, it just was a crappy way to end the shitty day. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Totally posted and ran...

FIL purchased items off of everyone's Amazon list, but didn't do any of it correctly, not one item. Now DH, SIL, L, & I, all have duplicates. SIL has duplicate suit cases for heavens sake. Seriously, how hard is it to use an Amazon wish list?

A few items are only returnable through Amazon, not other stores, so it is even more annoying. We are regifting L's things and donating the rest of the dupes. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    All of the "look what my kid got for Christmas" pictures posts are bad enough, but seriously, DH's BFF's wife felt the need to post pictures of everything SHE got on Facebook. As individual pictures. And it's all sort of trashy-but-she-thinks-it's-high-end stuff, which sort of sums DHs BFF up in a nutshell. I'm totally judging.

Oh yeah, and we went up to DH's deadbeat (that's not the right word but I don't know how to describe him) dad's house for our annual visit this morning...at over point DD was pretending to sleep so I just ran with it and claimed we had to get going so she could nap. Then we secretly met up with SIL, BIL, and their two kids at a buffalo wild wings, kept the kids up and had a blast. We've decided to make it an annual tradition. We usually just do a post visit phone call to bitch about the day's events. I don't really even feel badly about it.
  • Options
    And I'm sorry to everyone that got sick on Christmas (i think I saw some others in the other thread, and tht in this one?). That is my most feared nightmare. I can't even imagine what a double bummer that must be.
  • Options
    Apparently MIL thinks that DS has FIL's "flat" nose and GMIL thinks that it's okay because "we can always have it fixed later if it doesn't fix itself".   :(

• Options
    MIL sent a $65 GC to Red Lobster as a "family gift". While that's a nice gift for DH and I, it really means nothing to the kids. I wish she would just send a small something for each kid and send nothing for DH and I. I wish DH would say something to her because he gets irritated about what she sends every year, but I know he won't.
  • Options
    I'm way late to the game on this one, but add us to the "we now have way too much junk in our house" camp. MIL seems completely unable to reign it in at the holidays. Once again, it was like Santa's workshop exploded under her Christmas tree. My kids neither need nor appreciate that much stuff. It's overwhelming. She had asked us for a few ideas for the kids, so I mentioned DS could use snowpants and boots. She bought them, not from the Kohl's clearance rack like I would have since he'll probably wear them a handful of times at best, but from Stride Rite. Great, now I find myself actually hoping it snows so these boots don't go to waste. And that's actually one of the better gifts since it's not a giant, ridiculous toy.

And what is it with people giving my kids stuffed animals? We are overrun, for real. 

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I'm way late to the game on this one, but add us to the "we now have way too much junk in our house" camp. MIL seems completely unable to reign it in at the holidays. Once again, it was like Santa's workshop exploded under her Christmas tree. My kids neither need nor appreciate that much stuff. It's overwhelming. She had asked us for a few ideas for the kids, so I mentioned DS could use snowpants and boots. She bought them, not from the Kohl's clearance rack like I would have since he'll probably wear them a handful of times at best, but from Stride Rite. Great, now I find myself actually hoping it snows so these boots don't go to waste. And that's actually one of the better gifts since it's not a giant, ridiculous toy.

And what is it with people giving my kids stuffed animals? We are overrun, for real. 
    Amen, from the (not so) proud owners of one giant stuffed brown bear, one giant stuffed pink bear (because heaven forbid the kids share), and one 5.fucking.foot.long alligator, which I actually kind of like because he's comfy to lay on, but still WTAF
  • Options
    melody921 said:

Amen, from the (not so) proud owners of one giant stuffed brown bear, one giant stuffed pink bear (because heaven forbid the kids share), and one 5.fucking.foot.long alligator, which I actually kind of like because he's comfy to lay on, but still WTAF
    L got a 6" tall bear for her birthday. It is ridiculous.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    melody921 said:

L got a 6" tall bear for her birthday. It is ridiculous.
    But do your kids have a giant stuffed Chewbacca? You know how scary that thing is to a little kid
    ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"