October 2014 Moms
Options

Baby's First Christmas "Firsts"

Baby's first Christmas means lots of spoiling by grandparents, aunt's, uncle's etc and lots of first gifts. DD got a lot of gifts specifically intended to be her "first" of various items.

Her list includes:
First jeans
First baseball glove & baseball
First Barbie doll
First jewelry
And 3 (so far) baby's first Christmas ornaments

What " firsts " did your LOs get for their first Christmas?

Re: Baby's First Christmas "Firsts"

• Options
    Honestly nothing too crazy. I told everyone that she's just a baby and doesn't know anyway. She got 2 first Christmas ornaments and my aunt, who is CIA, sent her this year's White House Christmas ornament. My parents live 12 hours away, and they got her this pretty frame that says "we love you to the moon and back" with their picture in it. I thought that was so sweet. Otherwise mostly clothes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A tennis racquet from her tennis instructor auntie.
    I don't mean to be ungrateful, but I hate receiving items for when she's at least 2---I live in NYC, where am I supposed to store this stuff???
    I officially got overwhelmed by clothes this weekend. A friend of mine who has a 10month old just gave me all of her little ones clothes--so I am SET. No more clothes!!! But family at Christmas loooooves to buy clothes.
  • Options
    @andrieya, I hear ya. Our small apartment was cramped before I even got pregnant and now it is completely over run with clothes and toys that dd won't use for a couple of years. We plan on moving next fall when our lease is up so this stuff is literally just taking up space we don't have in the meantime. I'm thinking of packing a lot of it up and storing it at GMIL's until we need it to get a little breathing room back. I'm glad we have it all though, it will really make the next couple of years a little easier on us financially. 

• Options
    First Christmas ornaments and stocking of course! Also my dad got DD a barbie... I found this very strange...especially since the barbie looks more like hooker barbie... I don't think he realizes that DD is only 11 weeks old :/

@Ajh1230 - That is too cute!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image
  • Options
    MrsTinMKE said:
    First Christmas ornaments and stocking of course! Also my dad got DD a barbie... I found this very strange...especially since the barbie looks more like hooker barbie... I don't think he realizes that DD is only 11 weeks old :/

@Ajh1230 - That is too cute!!

SFIL got dd her Barbie. He knew she was too young but wanted to be responsible for giving her first Barbie doll. He's also the one who got her a baseball glove and baseball in case she's more into sports than dolls :) I thought it was super sweet of him. He married MIL when DH was a teenager and never had any children of his own so this is the closest he's ever come to having a baby of his own.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"