Trouble TTC
Options

Drinking (all the drinks) on Femara?

Hi ladies, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I posted this on IUI check-in, but sadly I found out on the 23rd that IUI #2 was a BFN. I just started AF today, and I'm trying to decide on a plan for this next cycle.

I'm choosing to switch REs, and I meet with the new guy Jan. 14th. Since its at the same practice, the nurse said I could do the same treatment plan this cycle while I wait to see him, which would be Femara, trigger, IUI, and progesterone.

I'm not totally decided on whether I want to do treatment again or take a break while I wait to see the new RE, but I'm a little concerned about choosing the treatment because New Year's Eve falls when I would still be taking the femara. I've done 3 cycles on it so far and haven't drank at all, but we have a wedding to go to on NYE that has an open bar till 4am (!!!), we also got a hotel room across the street, and Id really like to be able to enjoy myself-- I think I deserve it.

Has anyone drank heavily while taking Femara/Letrozole?? Did it make you dizzy/tired/sick? Is it worth scrapping a whole cycle so that I can drink without caution for one night? I'd love any input/experiences! Thanks in advance :).

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

Re: Drinking (all the drinks) on Femara?

• Options
    LindseyM2012LindseyM2012 member
    edited December 2014
    I'm soooo sorry :(

I've had a glass or two of wine while on Letrozole with no adverse effects. Never more though so I don't know about NYE/wedding type drinking.

Whatever you decide (cycle or bench) I hope you treat yourself ;)

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    I had my first cycle with Letrozole this month, and I did not restrict my drinking at all. The only thing I noticed was that my tolerance seemed to be a lot lower, but not sure if that was the meds. I would go for the cycle AND have a fantastic time at the wedding!
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had 2 glasses of wine once while on Femara and it wasn't any worse that I can remember. :)

But I wouldn't want to take full advantage of an all-night open bar while on a treatment cycle (I've read alcohol has more of a detrimental effect during stimming that during the week between ovulation and implantation), so perhaps weigh the fun of a free night to enjoy yourself vs. the chance of pregnancy in the next cycle?

Also keeping in mind - if you do end up with a lap and he finds endo, then previous cycles "don't count." :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    I did have a glass or 2 of wine while on letrozole. I don't remember any big changes or adverse effects, however I was also focused on the side effects of the drug. I've read the same thing @Bunnyberry said above. She has some great advice. :)
  • Options
    I didn't change my drinking habits during either IUI cycle or my IVF cycle and everything was fine.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"