Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check-In 12/26

1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. Age at delivery? (optional)

3. Any other children? Furbabies?

4. How are you feeling?

5. Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?

QOTW: Do you have any New Year's resolutions?  Or any post-birth resolutions?  Also, how was your Christmas/holiday?

Re: Weekly Check-In 12/26

• Loading the player...
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited December 2014
    @niknak1208 tell your DH that none of us here at P>35 doubt you for a second. My husband and I just both laugh at me... Our apartment is in a three storey walk-up and we're at the top, I.e. two flights up. I frequently have to rest for a few minutes half way up the first flight - no joke! It's pathetic but true. I also slept 12 hours and still felt tired for most of my first trimester. It's better now but the fatigue still hits randomly.

@lcwed‌ thanks! I hope you get to hear/see a heartbeat! Keep us posted.

Quick update on my end: f etal heart rate has now dropped to 140 so I'm feeling a bit less concerned. Perhaps the 200 was just a result of an intense morning workout.
  • @lcwed I will be thinking of you too on Monday.  What time is your appointment?  Mine is at 2 CST.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• @tlc35 9 AM mountain, so 10 your time.  Here's to our bundle of nerves!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• @mandyreads‌ I hope so. They were closed today:( so couldn't call and ask. I hope 1 day doesn't matter. Our CDC is recommending no one under 18 visiting hospitals:( my sis is off Monday and Tuesday but works 3 rd Wednesday:(
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Congratulations and welcome @jessandandy09 and @Julie7176 :)
  • Yay on healthy baby girl + getting engaged, congratulations @jerseygirl227 :)  
  • 1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    8/3/15, just about 9wks, green olive

18 year old daughter in college and 15 year old cat

4. How are you feeling?
    I feel like food never tasted so good!  No longer nauseous but the stuff I like smells and tastes so good.  My favorites tend to be citrus fruit, breakfast sausage, and anything fried and crunchy.

Nothing coming up this week just trying to stay focused.  I find myself daydreaming about this new family member

QOTW:  How was your Christmas/holiday?  Resolutions?
    My parents, brother, and daughter were all here.  We had a great time.  Lots of laughter and of course great food.  Everyone will be so shocked once we finally drop the news for now we are still keeping mum.  As for a resolution, like many others on here I want to exercise a little more.  DH and I are planning to take a yoga class together.

I really enjoy reading all your posts and am cheering for you quietly from the sidelines :-)
  • Wow!  So many new people - welcome to you all!!!  And so many ladies ready to deliver!  I guess that's what happens when you don't check the boards much for a week or so.  

1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    5/31/15, 18 weeks today.

One cat

4. How are you feeling?
    Fine, really.  My crazy appetite is starting to level off, so I no longer feel like I will dies of starvation if I don't eat something every two hours.  
    Anatomy scan scheduled for one week from tomorrow (Monday).  Very much looking forward to it to make sure everything is still ok.  

QOTW: Do you have any New Year's resolutions?  Or any post-birth resolutions?  Also, how was your Christmas/holiday?
    I survived Christmas with my in-laws!  It was just as stressful as I expected (fot those of you who read my stressed out post about it a few weeks ago), but I survived.  Thankfully back home now, and able to relax.  Phew!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
       2/16, 33w0d, Durian

1 DS (17), 1DD (4), 2 Dogs, 2 Cats

4. How are you feeling?
       Getting harder to move around.  I did something to my back on Thanksgiving, so now I can't stand for more than 10-15 minutes without excruciating pain.  It really made Christmas shopping impossible. Also, I now drive the electric buggies at the grocery store!!  Sad...but true!!  I cannot wait for D-Day! :)

Because of my "age", I have to have the Biophysical Profile U/S every single week until I deliver, which seems a bit over the top for me since the baby has been fine and I'm fine.  It's nice to see the baby so much, but I don't like the price tag or the time it takes every single week for possibly 8 weeks!  

QOTW: Do you have any New Year's resolutions?  Or any post-birth resolutions?  Also, how was your Christmas/holiday?
          No resolutions. Not sure I'd ever stuck to one my whole life, so I stopped setting them eons ago. LOL  
          Since I'm so far along, we opted to stay home and not visit family so it made the season nice and relaxing!!

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday and have a Happy New Year!!!  After all, we're all pregnant and expecting little bundles of joy!!!!
    1/1997 - DS
    9/1998 - Ectopic :: 4/2001 - M/C :: 8/2006 - Ectopic :: 4/2007 - M/C :: 8/2008 - Ectopic
    4/2010 - DD
    4/2012 - M/C
    6/2014 - Surprise Pregnancy at 42 yrs old! EDD 2/16/2015
    6/9 +HPT :: 6/10 hCG 383 :: 6/12 hCG 1190 :: 6/17 hCG 8224, Prog 26.4
    6/24 U/S #1 showing 6w2d CRL .43cm w/HB! :: 7/7 U/S #2 CRL 1.73cm w/strong HB!!
    7/31 NT Scan U/S #3 CRL 49mm, HB160 | MaterniT21 - Negative!!
    TEAM PINK
    9/2 - AFP Panel - Negative | U/S #4 HB150
    10/1 Anatomy U/S #5 | HB 134 | CPCs found, Trisomy 18 ruled out w/Mat21 on 7/31 | all other development normal!

11/24 - Glucose was normal at 94
    12/23 - BPP U/S #6 HB 138 :: 12/30 - BPP U/S #7 HB 159 :: 1/5 - BPP U/S #8 HB 154
    1/12 BPP/Growth U/S #9 HB 129, weighs 5lb 12oz already w/ 4 weeks to go!!
    1/20 BPP/Growth U/S#10 HB 155, weight 6lb 9oz :: 1/26 BPP U/S#11 HB153 :: 2/2 BPP U/S #12 HB 137 :: 2/9 BPP U/S #13 HB 150
    :::::::::: 2/12 - INDUCTION DAY!! ::::::::::
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @anonymousmotley‌ goodness woman!! Sorry about your back. But yeah...u/s would be fun but also very pricey for me too as I would have to pay for each one. And they are not cheap.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • So sorry, ladies.  I have been super busy the last few months and haven't posted much, if at all.  I have been keeping up, aka lurking, though.

1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? April 14th, but they have informed me that they will induce at 39 weeks, so April 7th adjusted EDD.  25 weeks.  Size of a cauliflower.

2. Age at delivery? (optional) 41

3. Any other children? Furbabies? DS 2 years old.  2 dogs and 1 cat (we lost a cat the week before Christmas) :-(

4. How are you feeling? Not bad.  Not bad at all.  Feel like my whoo is gonna split in two, but otherwise, great.  TMI like @mandyreads, I know.  :-)

ny upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? I hit viability week last Tuesday.  Yay!  Had a growth scan yesterday and everything looks great so far.  At my last appointment, I was down 7 lbs overall.  Yay!  I am still not wearing maternity clothes, but I didn't with DS either...at all.  I'm hoping that trend continues...  My blood pressure has been on the high side, so they are monitoring me closely, but my last appointment the BP was much better.  I did develop GD this pregnancy too, so that explains the weight loss.  My blood sugar has been much higher with this pregnancy vs. with my DS, but I can control it with diet...it just has to be low carb to control it.  What fun...oh well.  Because I had GD with DS, they tested me early in this pregnancy for regular diabetes and my A1C was fine...thankfully!  I guess my body just does not like pregnancy.

Yes, get back to exercising.  We moved in June to a new house, just before I got pregnant, and my DH finally put my Bowflex Treadclimber back up, so I can begin the new year with more exercise.  Just gotta keep my heart rate under 140...  Doc is still fine with me exercising on the treadclimber as long as I keep my heart rate under 140 even with my BP issues.  Whew...that is a relief!  Christmas was great!  My DS is old enough to enjoy Christmas and he makes it fun.  We went to Texas on Friday and drove back Sunday...makes for a long weekend for sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"