June 2015 Moms
Options

non itching rash

I started getting a rash with little red bumps on Sunday after sleeping on different detergent at the in-laws and wearing a new sweater, that I regretfully did not wash before wearing. The rash started on breasts and back but has spread to my abdomen and all over my back. I have no itching or pain but am concerned that it is not subsiding. Called the on call doc tues and they have me taking benedryl and using Cortezone cream. With the holidays my reg doc office is closed. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Wondering if it could be a food allergy or something else more serious. Considering visiting a walk-in clinic tomorrow morning. Thanks for any ideas/advice.

Re: non itching rash

• Options
    I had got a rash at the beginning of the pregnancy but it went away within a week. It wasnt itchy and sounds like yours. Have you tried washing with a sensitive skin soap like dove? I did and it helped tremendously.
  • Options
    I got pregnancy induced eczema with my daughter. Try to see if you can find an image of your rash on google. That's how I determined what I had going on. My rash was not itchy or painful either... I got some cereve cream from target and put it on very thick at night and the rash went away in about a week. Good luck mama!
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have serious food allergies and it's highly unlikely that you would get a rash on your torso from an allergic reaction to food. Typically, it starts around the mouth and chin. It would also most likely be itchy and you would have hives.
  • Options
    This sounds like a virus to me (widespread rash with no itching or pain). Interested to see what another says but contact dermatitis would itch.
  • Options
    I had pityriasis rosea a few years ago. It was a non itchy rash only on the torso, caused by a virus. I just had to wait for it to go away. I just googled it to check the spelling and it says to mention it to a doctor if you get it during pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just throwing this out there... Some ppl get rashes from stress... But the two things you are taking/using would help a number of rashes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"