Breastfeeding

Extended BFing with time off work ?

so my new job gives me two weeks off for winter break (yay!!) this means my 15 mo old is getting mamas milk whenever all day. I'm used to BFing all weekend then being ok to not pump for the week but going two weeks of nursing on demand (6ish times per day)...will I be super engorged when I go back to work and need to pump for a week til my body gets the memo?

Any teacher extended bf moms have experience?

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Extended BFing with time off work ?

• I'm not technically in the extended BFing category yet, but I have weaned down to one pump session at work (teacher).

LO Is going to be one next month and I'm worried about when I go back also. He nurses 8-10 times a day when we are together, so I expect to be a little uncomfortable when we go back on the 5th. I'm planning to wear nursing pads and bring my manual in case I need to pump for some relief for a few days.

Good luck!
    imageimage
    Cooper & Melody.     My Rescues <3

• ejb23ejb23 member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks ladies. I'm cool with pumping again in decreasing times if needed. She has been sick and holidays are kind of stressful with new faces wanting to play so she's been turning to nursing way more than her typical weekend even with offering sippies of milk with meals so I have a feeling I'll need to help my body adjust back.

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"