March 2012 Moms

Gift wrapping for our kids

Well, if I learned one thing this season, through multiple friend and family parties, this kid has zero interest in unwrapping. He can make it through one gift and that's it. I know the parties can be over stimulating and it's hard to focus but I gave up on wrapping this Christmas. I assume this is the last Christmas that I can get away with this and I feel weird about it but it seems kind of pointless. I put bows on a bunch of stuff and put a couple of things in bags. That's it. Anyone else?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gift wrapping for our kids

• Nah MY kid will probably have more fun destroying the wrapping than what's inside .. and then he will wanna play with the box instead
  • I wish we hadn't wrapped. It's mostly me or H doing the unwrapping while DD plays with the first toy she opened.
  • Loading the player...
  • She did great unwrapping the first few, but then she just wanted to play and we saved the rest for later. More fun, I say!

• Update: no wrapping was a great success. He was actually much less overwhelmed. He had a couple of big gifts that we had set up (a motorized train set and a work bench) so he was thrilled to run over and just start playing. Then he would take a break, go over to the tree and discover something new. It helped him pace himself, I think. I'm really glad I didn't stay up all night wrapping!

• We have 4 open .. and he is currently watching George yet again LOL  

... I  am glad we aren't the only ones who still have a tree full of presents haha.  but this is what Christmas is about .. relaxing and enjoying the day.. not trying to rush through food and presents.

We have Google hangouts running for friends and family to drop in and say Hi,  His train table is currently serving as a breakfast buffet..

Perfect start to the day ... we shall have everything open by the weekend..I think LOL

• We never wrap Santa presents so those are out for the boys to see when they wake up.  They can play with those while we cook breakfast and clean up then we do presents with family.  Hudson LOVED unwrapping presents this year and helped anyone with a wrapped present in his vicinity.  When he would lose interest and start playing with a toy, we would just focus on the adults and then get back to the kids when they were ready to open again.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"