August 2014 Moms
Options

Stop the wiggling!

Every nap time consists of at least 10 minutes of constant wiggling and me trying to hold paci in. This happens in the crib and in arms. And by God, if that paci is out 1 second too long, there will be hell to pay. What to do? Wait until 6 months to take paci away and for her to CIO so I don't need to stand there? Try without paci? Although I think I already have and it wasn't good. Any other tips or mom's experiencing the same thing?

Re: Stop the wiggling!

• Options
    She flips right to her stomach. That would be a good idea, though!
  • Options
    I know it's said an overtired baby is bad, but when my little guy is wiggling bad and I know he is due for a nap I actually distract him (walking around showing him things around the house) and keep him up till he gets even more tired then I try again and he usually falls asleep faster. The paci thing... No advice we have the same problem, he's been buying it and it pops out faster too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    IceHide61313IceHide61313 member
    edited December 2014
    Hmmm.

Eta I don't know if I'd be able to put her in her crib if she was over tired
  • Options
    She will but she still wiggles and pops out her paci.
  • Options
    LO has a couple.of loves that have the stiffed heads and blanket bodies. He loves to hold it up to his face while falling asleep! This has totally helped keep the paci in! I of course move it after he falls asleep!
  • Options
    Yeah she needs the paci otherwise she starts crying. We bought a lovie and will be opening it for Christmas! I think it will knock paci out more but it might help keep her hands busy rather than going for her mouth/paci.
  • Options
    I'm having the exact same problem. We tried tummy sleeping for the first time overnight last night and went from a wake up every 30 mins (this has been happening close to 5 days now) to a wake up every hour and a half, just for the paci. I think sleeping with his head to the side keeps it in a little better. If LO flips to tummy, does she sleep better/worse?
  • Options
    She's a better sleeper. And she just wiggles for naps.
  • Options
    Do you mean wiggles with her arms, legs, or both? DD wiggles some for naps too with her arms and grabs the paci and is crazy. Usually if I just lightly hold her arms to her chest she calms down and falls right to sleep.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
    She wiggles everything! Usually if she's still awake for bed time I say "she has to wiggle it out" but that is a no go for naps.
  • Options
    DS likes to lay in his bed and kick his legs :) The lovie has provided something to do w his hands! Rolling has caused lots of new bedtime issues for us.

I am afraid when he walks and crawls he will be a very busy boy :-P
  • Options
    I know, the rolling SUCKS. They could skip that milestone for all I care!
  • Options
    I have to pin DS's arms when he's worked up and I need to settle him to sleep. He goes crazy with his legs some of the time but will stop kicking as he relaxes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"