August 2014 Moms
Options

Need some advice (sleeping LO)

now just for the record I'm not trying to get LO to STTN, I'm just trying to sleep better!

lO is 19 wks old, he slept in his swing till about 3 months and then I transitioned him to the arm reach cosleeper and then crib. Basically for about 6 -7 wks he's slept horribly!! I mean waking up every 1 to 2 hrs. When he wakes up he just wants to be rocked back to sleep and is out in like 2 min. Sounds easy enough but it's taking its toll on me mentally and physically!

I've tried it all, swaddled and not, magic Merlin suit and not, crib at an incline and not, warm room, white noise, established bed time route,giving 4 oz of formula at bed time or expressed breast milk, putting him drowsy but awake, I even attempted the Ferber method and on the second time I walked in he was gasping for air crying and shaking and could not see him like that!!

I'm exhausted to say the least. So, I was wondering would any of you bust out the swing again to try and get some sleep or not in fear that he might " need " it now.

Don't know what else to try except this! Thank you ladies!

Re: Need some advice (sleeping LO)

• Options
    Does he wake up to eat? Maybe try feeding more during the day?
  • Options
    Forgot this part, he nurses and I supplement with formula during the day plenty... He doesn't wake up hungry, I try and he wants nothing to do w eating... He will nurse after 4-5 hrs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any light is a distraction to this kid lol, i tried putting the pack back in without picking up several times and when I sy he exploded in anger crying is an understatement.... I think he can't put himself back to sleep after a sleep cycle either but I can't let him CiO which is all he does, he can cry and won't stop...

We don't have a rock and play.... Maybe I'll look into it... Like I said I just want a 3/4 he stretch not a miracle lol
  • Options
    Itty bit sometimes has trouble sleeping for naps and when she is just fussing and won't be put down for anything I'll put her in her swing. Shell fall asleep for 2-3 hours. I'll also do this when she refuses to go to sleep but is obviously tired, once she's asleep i move her to her crib but once she's in her crib she sleeps well. That being said she's a thumb sucker so when she wakes a thumb goes into her mouth and she goes back to sleep.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    How are his naps during the day? Are you putting him down for the night early enough? When my little guy's naps get messed up or if he too tired when we put him down for the night, he wakes up much more frequently.
  • Options
    He's napping awesome. He naps about 45min-1 1/2hrs about 4x a day. We start his bed time routine at 6:30 pm (bath, feed, book, sing, bounce/cuddle) he's usually asleep by 7:30 no later
  • Options

Have you tried a humidifier?

I'm only throwing that out there because it sounds like you've tried everything else, so that's the only other thing I can think of to try!

We just bought a Vicks humidifier that has Vicks pads you can put in it to help LO breathe easier.

• Options
    Have not tried the humidifier yet,going out to get one today
  • Options
    I have really no words of wisdom but you have my sympathies :( LO has gone from STTN 8-10 hrs to waking every hour or so for the paci and then at least once to eat. Like you said the paci or rocking only takes a couple min, but the constant sleep interruptions are killing me! Last night I got two 3 hrs stretches which is the best we have done in several weeks!
  • Options
    DS started doing this last week and I was about ready to start cosleeping honestly. He did much better last night, so I am hoping he doesn't go back to that. I was already falling asleep in the recliner rocking him. Baby in his/her own bed is ideal, but there's also the risk of falling asleep behind the wheel, etc. The other thing you could consider is putting him in the swing from 2am on, so that you are still working on the crib sleeping but both still get some sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Co sleeping was my thought for tonight too... My excuse was I wanna see him first thing in Christmas (not that I need one lol) I will try the crib then swing thing too later and humidifier :)!! Thanks ladies
  • Options
    Will def try starting routine at 6pm and using some quiet radio, thanks!!
  • Options
    We cosleep here. It's much safer for DS to be next to me in my bed where I've moved the blankets away from him than for me to accidentally nod off on the couch. I deal with all his night wakeups and that gets us all the most sleep.
  • Options
    Could he be teething?
  • Options
    No, I keep checking for teething but nothing.... I wished there was a reason for this madness lol
  • Options
    Put LO down at 7pm, he woke up 45 min later, then 20 min later and cried every time he went down... I caved and put him in the swing... He's been asleep since... I don't want him to "need" the swing but OMG after most 2 months of waking up every he or 2 I can't take it!!

Just venting
  • Options
    Honestly, I make DD sleep on her own in the crib for the first half of the night, but by the second half, I just let her sleep on me. Otherwise she's up every 1-2 hours. She's obviously using me as her sleep association, which will be changing next month when we do sleep training. Yes, it sucks now, but I'm trying to enjoy the snuggles while I can. I know that once we do sleep training, she'll be a more independent sleeper and won't need to be cuddled as much.

CIO method is hard. I'm trying to decide if we want to do Ferber with her like we did with DS, or if we want to try Pick up/put down method. It's still a form of CIO, but you calm them down in between instead of just checks. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"