July 2013 Moms

I'm just going to leave this right here...

MyrrhajMyrrhaj member
edited December 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Hai Ladies,

Guess what?

This lady is..............

NOT pregnant!

Got you for a second didn't I? ;)

In all sincerity, I figured that I would follow @miss2697‌ and
@Hilaboo86‌ 's leads and re-intro, instead of continuing to lurk mostly out of shame for having been a poor excuse for a Bumpie these past few months. I have a pretty good excuse. I was busy working hard on having taken notes from you ladies here in the J13 community and I went and instigated a mother's support group through my local library. Over twenty members and counting now, we meet up three days a week, watch each others children for free, and plan all sorts of activities together. We just held our successful first annual Secret Santa Potluck Brunch. We used Elfster. ;) *tips hat to @MrsGiantPenis‌*

Backstory:
After I gave birth to Ezra, I suffered from what I have come to realize was pretty severe PPD. I was in it so deep that I felt overwhelmed and ashamed to the point of being paralyzed when it came to my feeling capable of sharing it with anyone. It had become that big in my mind. Reading your stories and participating even a little was a lifeline, as we don't live near family and had no friends locally. There were mother's groups in other parts of town, but most required a lengthy trek to get to, and I saw a gaping hole in my community in regards to support for new mothers/mothers in general. So, when I finally started to snap out the depths a bit, I badgered my local library for a small space and time slot to hold a baby lapsit. It happened. Then I traded information with those who came, and they spread it forth through networking, and here we are today. We just welcomed a sleep-deprived mother of an eight week old and the terror in her eyes was so familiar. God, I felt for her. We let her know that she's not alone and that people are here to help.

I am so grateful to you guys for having shown me how strong a network of good women (and some odd ones here and there ;) ) can be. Thank you so, so much. :)
 photo 4e45a05e-3ae9-47cc-8426-add6bb675340_zps983d487a.jpg
            photo d2dcf996-bfd5-4c24-9964-9fec17650083_zpsa207334b.png               

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm just going to leave this right here...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"