C-sections

Period

Hi all. With my first c-section I bled for 4 months straight and then got regular periods every month after that. This time I stopped bleeding about 2 weeks after my c-section and still haven't gotten a period (I'll be 8 week PP tomorrow). I know that I should be happy to not have my period yet but I hate not knowing when it's coming, especially with all the holiday stuff coming up. For those of you who have had a c-section before, when did your period come back?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Best Answers

• JAP09-02JAP09-02 member
    Answer ✓
    I think you're going to get quite a range of answers. Whether or not you are nursing can play a huge role.

For what it's worth, I bleed for 6 weeks after my first section. I was nursing at the time and switched to EP'ing during the 6th week. I continued pumping until 7 months. I got my period a month later.

With my second section I bled for 8 weeks. I nursed DD2 for a year, and my period returned during her 10th month. My periods were very different at this time (33ish day cycles when I'd always had 28). Over the first year my cycles dwindled to every 26 days.

I'm 22 weeks pregnant now, and have no expectations of what will happen after this one.

Things change and you're still early in your recovery. If you're worried you might be pregnant again I'd take a test. Otherwise call your doctor and see at what point they'd become concerned. In the meantime just make sure you're prepared for your period at anytime.

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • JAP09-02 - Thanks for your response! My brain still isn't working because I totally forgot to factor in BFing so I'm guessing that's the difference. And you're right; everyone is probably different. I'll just stay prepared and if I still don't get it by next week (2 months PP) I'll call my OB. Thanks again :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @rmbrjry‌ I really don't think you need to call your OB. I EBF'd both kids. With DD, I was 11 mo pp. DS is 6.5 mo old and no period yet. This is normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"