October 2013 Moms
Options

Stomach Bug or something else?

Poor little Nairi woke up at 4am covered in vomit. After changing everything, I brought her and a towel in bed with me where we had a few more puking sessions in between some much needed bouts of sleep. She seemed fine last night, doesn't have a fever, or any other symptoms...just vomiting. I haven't been able to get her to drink milk in the past couple months, other than a few sips, but offer it to her with every meal. Last night, she actually drank a good amount for the first time. This has me wondering if maybe the milk doesn't agree with her? She had a saltine cracker and water this morning, which ended up completely all over me about 15 minutes later, so then I thought maybe a stomach bug, but vomiting is the only symptom?
Sorry if I'm jumping around in my story telling. I'm running on 2 hours of sleep and only 3 cups of coffee so far!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stomach Bug or something else?

• Options
    Have you tried giving just water no food and see if she can keep just that down?
  • Options
    We have a stomach bug here too and pediatrician said it's going around. She said food poisoning would be constant vomiting - not bouts. Hope Your LO feels better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most of the acute illness we've seen in my region has been vomiting and/or fever. Main thing is to keep hydrated. If she won't keep down milk, try pedialyte. If she can do solids, keep bland BRAT diet (bananas rice applesauce toast) and just hope it passes soon. Hope LO gets to feeling better quick!
  • Options
    Thanks all. She seems to be feeling much better after a 4 hour nap in the morning/afternoon and can keep down some crackers and her gatorade-water mixture. I am always so surprised at how fast these things seem to appear and then disappear!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"