August 2014 Moms
Options

I am failing at tummy time, and other thoughts

I have been really distracted for the last month. Work was really stressful, and now my mom passing away. Ugh

We haven't been doing tummy time for probably the last three weeks. LO was getting pretty good at it. She was almost turning over from her tummy to her back. I tried doing tummy time this morning, and regressed. Badly. She just started crying and burying her head in the blanket. It really sucks! She was tolerating it, and was getting good at it, but now we are at step one. I don't know if I can handle her screaming right now. It makes me start crying. 

Sorry, I just wanted to vent a little. I'm just trying to keep it together for her. Yesterday I was listening to my MP3 player, and White Wine in the Sun by Tim Minchin started to play. If you haven't heard that song it is supposed to be kinda funny, kinda sad. Well, I burst into tears, and my Charlotte started to cry with me. It was really sad. 

Anyway, sorry for the novel, I just can't talk to my family about this. They just tell me that it will get better, and that it's okay to be sad. I get that, but I just wanted to tell them how I was dealing. Apparently not great. Oh well.
Married June 2012
DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

Re: I am failing at tummy time, and other thoughts

• Options
    No problem for the novel. Hugs to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    @elektragreen....FFFC: I never do tummy time.  Like...maybe once a month.  He is fine.  He is meeting milestones. Don't beat yourself up....beat me up if you like, but give yourself a break.

You are still navigating a very intense emotional minefield....give yourself a break.  
    This...exactly! We don't do regular tummy time either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are doing great by even worrying about it. Be easy on yourself; you need time to grieve.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ditto on tummy time for us too. Don't beat yourself up. You're doing the best you can. Hugs!!
  • Options
    Hugs for you.  Be kind to yourself, you deserve it right now.

imageimage
  • Options
    Hugs to you!! Please don't beat yourself up over tummy time. We do tummy time every day and DD still does the face plant thing and doesn't roll yet. Your LO will be just fine!!
  • Options
    Hugs!  I can't imagine dealing with all off that!  You are doing great!  I'm on baby number 3 and never do tummy time.  Our doctor said it was unnecessary as long as they are held or worn etc.  None of them have had flat spots or missed milestones.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I'm just struggling right now. I wish we could just forget Christmas this year, and continue with our lives. I'm not looking forward for tomorrow. We have to go up to my parents house for our traditional Christmas eve dinner. My dad won't let my sister come because they don't like each other (my dad is her stepdad). 

My parents were raising her two kids, now my dad is trying to figure out how to keep them. My sister is not a very good person, and she can't take them. Their fathers (yes plural) can't take them. So that leaves me. If my dad can't keep them, I get to have them come live with me. I love them, but I can't imagine keeping them. My nephew is 15, and is starting to rebel. My niece is 9, and she is sweet but needy. Ugh, here's another novel. Man, you ladies probably think that I'm a wreck. I probably am.
    Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• Options
    @elektragreen‌, that is A LOT to be dealing with at once. Big hugs and vent as often as you need.
  • Options
    You don't have to worry about writing too much... That's the beauty of the board is that we can all read as much or as little as we like. :)

I can't offer any consoling words that haven't been said, but I would give you a great big hug now if I could. (That's a big deal because I'm not really a hugger).
  • Options
    Hugs mama! It's all good :) LO likes tummy time now, but when he hated it we would save a few favorite toys and only put them out at tummy time. He also like it better propped up on the Boppy. Now that he rolls, he is actually choosing his tummy a lot!
  • Options
    AyannaPCAyannaPC member
    edited December 2014
    My LO just got this as a Xmas present I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will do the job.
  • Options
    Sending you a creepy hug and support! You have been through a lot and are doing a great job.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We do not actively work on TT. I honestly forget to.

Be kind and forgiving to yourself. There is much on your plate.
  • Options
    You have a lot going on so cut yourself some slack!! If it makes you feel any better, I never did tummy time with DD either. She hated it and would start crying almost immediately. I asked my daycare to do it instead to avoid the screamfest. I figure having daycare help with some of the crappy parenting stuff is one benefit of being a working mom :) Hugs and hang in there!
  • Options

DD used to absolutely hate tummy time. We didn't do consistent tummy time until she started showing interest in rolling around 2.5 months. And now that she can roll, she loves being on her tummy to play and when she's sick of that she rolls to her back. So just keep on trying and as LO gets stronger and rolling more and more, she'll start to enjoy it more too, hopefully.

Ditto to all the other sentiments above. So sorry you're dealing with all this

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"