January 2013 Moms
Options

Sleep vent

Anyone want to join me in a "why is my kid sleeping so terribly" vent?

DD is usually a champ when it comes to sleeping. Goes down between 8:30-9 and sleeps through the night without a peep. Not recently. Past two nights she has woken up several times in the middle of the night crying her eyes out. And she's not even sitting up, usually laying on her stomach like normal--but crying. I always check to make sure she has her blankie and binkie and when she sees me she usually chills out. But as soon as I go to walk away she sobs again.

It gets to the point where I have to just walk out and let her cry, which I hate to do but it seems to be the only way for her to go back to sleep. Unfortunately this process repeats itself several times throughout the night.

This is new and don't know what's causing it. Possibly teeth but she doesn't really seem in pain any other time. She is scared of more things these days--so maybe she's waking up and gets frightened. Who knows--I am just very tired and very much wanting my good sleeper back!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sleep vent

• Options
    dd just has a hard time falling asleep...we can get her into bed...but not to fall asleep....we turn out the lights make it quiet...and she'll want to watch something on the ipad....which we let her...maybe we shouldn't...she'll throw a fit when we take it away....last night i fell asleep on the floor before she fell asleep....that was after 1130, so i have no idea how long before she fell asleep...and it's not like she's not tired...she'll yawn and rub her eyes...but she just fights it....i'd much rather her fight it while she's in the bed instead of running around....but once she's out, she's OUT....which is good...we need her to be able to be in there alone before the baby is born...we used to co sleep....but now i'm on the floor next to her....i'm looking forward to a bed with just dh and i....but i need her to fall asleep on her own....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We still have sleep issues. Feels like they are never ending! I miss my champ sleeper. Some nights, like last night, aren't bad - he goes to bed at 8:30 and wakes up at like 6:30. A little early but I can't complain. Then, though, there are other nights that he comes into our room 2-3 times. He won't sleep in our bed once again so H or I ends up in his room, sometimes just for a few minutes and sometimes for the rest of the night. I actually think he is waking up when he pees, which is a great thing since we are starting potty training in a few days, but scares me thinking I might go back to being up multiple times a night. UGH.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've posted a lot lately about lack of a real schedule or routine because if crap sleep, so I'm right there with you.

Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    loreeann86loreeann86 member
    edited December 2014
    It's been a long time since carmella has slept well. She goes to bed in her bed everynight, between 815-830. Then she'll wake anywhere from 2 to 4 times a night. She wakes up screaming and crying. And always ends up in our bed because I'm just too tired to deal with it. We never planned on co sleeping and I keep telling myself I'm going to put an end to it....I feel like she'll never sleep through the night again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for commiserating with me! We only one wakeup/cry session last night so I consider it progress. I really think she may be wanting comfort. When she was sick I got her out of bed in the middle of the night for pretty much the first time ever (we usually try to always keep her in her room) and cuddled her on the couch. Now she seems to request "cuddles" more often, which is sweet--but not what I want to do in the MOTN! DH is very anti-co-sleeping so she's never been in our bed. 

Of course now that we made small sleep progress, she has developed a cough and it disrupted her nap! Oh well. These babes are crazy! Maybe some day we will all get sleep...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"