July 2014 Moms
Options

Airing of the Grievances! December 23, 2014

In honor of Festivus traditions, let's air our grievances.

Who and what has disappointed you?

Re: Airing of the Grievances! December 23, 2014

• Options
    abundancenowabundancenow member
    edited January 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    abundancenowabundancenow member
    edited January 2015

Inlaw Edition!

Dear Sis in Law,

over all you disappointed me this year!

• Options
    Work:  I appreciate that even though I took longer than the 12 weeks provided I had a job to come back to, but I am disappointed in the job you moved me into.  I got out of accounting for a reason.

DH:  Disappointed that you tell me you'll get DS up in a minute or 2 while I feed DD, and then I end up getting DS after finishing feeding DD because you've fallen back asleep.  He doesn't cry out in the morning, so when he is, he clearly isn't feeling well.  Your sleep is not > our son.
  • Options
    Work: Dear boss while I super appreciate being paid while on 6 weeks of maternity leave, I don't love coming back to no vacation or sick time. 

Dear Daycare provider: While I love you most days and you take great care of lo - who the hell gets 7 (business) days off at the holidays where you think its ok to close up for that long. 

Dear Step- MIL: I know you are super exited about LO, but I do not want to talk to you every day, and when you call and I don't answer because I'm busy with LO, please do not call 2 more times in a row. Also, if I don't respond to your texts/facebook message please do not call immediately or text DH to see if I received your message. You always text/call/message me at LO's bedtime - figure it out. 

Dear DH: Put your phone down, and quit complaining that you don't have time to do anything or that I ask you to do things. You are home M-F for almost three hours before I get home with LO. Maybe if you put your phone down you would have more time to get stuff done. 
  • Options
    Sis in law edition - dangit! Why haven't you tried to see us the other 45 times you've been in town instead of making a big honking deal about it being soooooo important that we see you tomorrow on CHRISTMAS EVE when I'm clearly supposed to wear pj's all day & eat junk food with my family. And why are we meeting her? Because if we don't meet her for lunch then she may come here & my house should be featured on a Junior version of Hoarders.

House edition-
    Ugh! I'm so sick of this cluttered house!!! I am THISCLOSE to throwing everything out & trying minimalism.

Baby edition -
    Princess Butterup STOP COUGHING! I need sleep. You need sleep. Don't disappoint me tonight!

• Options
    Skeemer said:

Sis in law edition - dangit! Why haven't you tried to see us the other 45 times you've been in town instead of making a big honking deal about it being soooooo important that we see you tomorrow on CHRISTMAS EVE when I'm clearly supposed to wear pj's all day & eat junk food with my family. And why are we meeting her? Because if we don't meet her for lunch then she may come here & my house should be featured on a Junior version of Hoarders.

House edition-
    Ugh! I'm so sick of this cluttered house!!! I am THISCLOSE to throwing everything out & trying minimalism.

Baby edition -
    Princess Butterup STOP COUGHING! I need sleep. You need sleep. Don't disappoint me tonight!

Thank you! House edition and baby edition agreed!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Dear friends:

Now that I'm old, I realize most of you suck. One of you barely texts or asks about the kids. You are the same person I dropped everything for when you got divorced. Now you are too busy in your single life. Friend two, you have yet to see DD2. She is almost six months. You make false promises of coming over. You are off my 2015 Christmas list.

Dear DD2-

You are too damn cute, but FFs, we are dying since you don't sleep longer than 4 hours at night. We are working and need some damn sleep. You have solidified that there will be no children added to this household. I think you are lucky that daddy and I haven't taken eachother out. Please oh please get your shit together for 2015.

Dear DH: I know you are busy at work, I know you get stressed, but Christmas is always December 25. No reason not to be prepared. Yes I'm excited about the massage I suggested you get for me, but maybe one year you can surprise me.

Dear Credit Card,

Obviously someone else has your number because there is no way I racked up that much the last two months. So sorry but you will carry that balance until Februrary.

Dear Mall Santa-

That line better be short today. I want pics of Dd1 and Dd2 in matching pjs.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    lowen83lowen83 member
    edited December 2014
    Dear father in law and step MIL, I am so glad you live right behind us. So close that we just take a quick walk through the woods and we are there. I'm also so super glad that you have so much free time you can go get a 1 1/2 massage weeky and FIL can go pick up lead to make bullets in his spare time but you both are to busy to watch one of your two grandsons so I can go grocery shopping while my husband you son/step son works his 3 day 13 hour shifts last weekend! It must suck to sacrifice so much for you family huh? Please lend a helping hand more often. When DH works I am like a single parent hence....I need help!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Dear MIL, please stop giving my 5.5 month old food off your plate.
    A. Apple butter, while delicious, is not baby food. I know your recipe, there's a metric ass load of sugar.
    B. He barfs when I eat dairy, maybe giving him whipped cream is not a smart idea!
  • Options
    Well it isn't MBF yet so I'm going to post here.

I am sick, like can barely get out of bed sick and I had to have my mom come over and take the baby because DH said he was too tired to take care of her if she wasn't sleeping. Sure my mom only lives two houses away but I can't believe that DH just decided to put himself first like that. I mean I spent the first half of the day taking care of her even though I felt like crap and only asked him once I physically couldn't anymore. I get that working nights is hard but I only ever ask him to wake up when it is absolutely necessary.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Grandmother in law edition:

Please look at me when I'm talking to you. Acknowledge me when I answer your MANY general questions about DD. Do not ignore me and look to DH to answer instead, or interrupt me so you can redirect the same question to DH. 

Also, it's ok if I take the plate that has a teeny bit more salad instead of handing it to DH. I'm breastfeeding and pregnant, so a few extra calories won't hurt. This family isn't a pride of lions. Females CAN eat first, and more, at times. Enough of your sexist nonsense. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    MrsKubley said:

Dear MIL, please stop giving my 5.5 month old food off your plate.
    A. Apple butter, while delicious, is not baby food. I know your recipe, there's a metric ass load of sugar.
    B. He barfs when I eat dairy, maybe giving him whipped cream is not a smart idea!

Ugh! My mil gave the baby a taste of ambrosia at thanksgiving...right in front of me! My jaw just dropped! That was her first solid besides cereal. She just stuck some in her mouth and thought it was hilarious...grrrr! luckily there was no reaction and dh let her know that can't happen again.

• Options
    Skeemer said:
    Sis in law edition - dangit! Why haven't you tried to see us the other 45 times you've been in town instead of making a big honking deal about it being soooooo important that we see you tomorrow on CHRISTMAS EVE when I'm clearly supposed to wear pj's all day & eat junk food with my family. And why are we meeting her? Because if we don't meet her for lunch then she may come here & my house should be featured on a Junior version of Hoarders. House edition- Ugh! I'm so sick of this cluttered house!!! I am THISCLOSE to throwing everything out & trying minimalism. Baby edition - Princess Butterup STOP COUGHING! I need sleep. You need sleep. Don't disappoint me tonight!

Following up from this Sis in law edition -

We weren't even there for 5 minutes when I got DD out of her car seat for my SIL to see her for the first time in person. She said, "Oh she has the same look on her face as your DH!" & proceeded to make a stupid face. She should count herself extremely lucky that I didn't shove her teeth down her throat. My face said it all & she got really charming after that. I am pretty sure she heard me tell DH that if she insults my family one more time I'm going to punch her in the face. I'm sick of it.

• Options

@skeemer that reminds me...everytime we show MIL a picture of LO, she cracks a joke, remarks on her facial expression or tries to do annoying exaggerated imitations of her. She thinks it's hilarious. It can be a sweet smiling photo, and she will still make some kind of stupid derp face and comment. I stopped emailing the weekly photos that I take. Ugh.

Yes! EXACTLY! I hate underhanded comments that are really insults but disguised as "aw but I'm just kidding". Cut the crap people. I know you're not joking. Sorry your MIL does that.

• Options
    Skeemer said:

@skeemer that reminds me...everytime we show MIL a picture of LO, she cracks a joke, remarks on her facial expression or tries to do annoying exaggerated imitations of her. She thinks it's hilarious. It can be a sweet smiling photo, and she will still make some kind of stupid derp face and comment. I stopped emailing the weekly photos that I take. Ugh.

Yes! EXACTLY! I hate underhanded comments that are really insults but disguised as "aw but I'm just kidding". Cut the crap people. I know you're not joking. Sorry your MIL does that.
    This. For example, I posted a picture of DD on FB eating peas. She'd not that into green veggies. My grandmother writes "poor baby. I'll rescue you and feed you real food". Wtf? Real food? What does that even mean?
  • Options
    This. For example, I posted a picture of DD on FB eating peas. She'd not that into green veggies. My grandmother writes "poor baby. I'll rescue you and feed you real food". Wtf? Real food? What does that even mean?

Let her know that Pizza Rolls are not & will never be a real food. No matter how much I want it to be.

• Options
    @Skeemer‌ mmmm pizza rolls. Yummy badness.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"