January 2013 Moms
Options

Toddler food regression

Is this a thing? B, who is already the world's pickiest eater, has started refusing even her normal stuff, like string cheese and yogurt. Which means she's down to spaghetti, milk and yogurt.

Anyone else dealing with this??
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Toddler food regression

• Options
    Yes yes yes! I have no idea what happened to my good eater, but he hasn't wanted to eat anything for me. Yesterday at lunch was the first time I've seen him eat something without whining in a while. All of our go-to's are no go's now too - fruit, yogurt, green beans, even milk - and he just points at things but doesn't really want anything. They say he eats his whole lunch at school every day, no matter what, so I'm going with the - if he's hungry, he'll eat at some point frame of mind. He usually gets something down but nowhere near how he used to eat!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Us too!! Even things I know she loves, she pushes away. I think hers has to do with teething. She's been chewing on her hands and her paci like crazy. I hope it doesn't last long, it's hard to see her not eat.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep! DS is so picky at times. Sometime he eats so well and other time he won't eat anything (even my go to's like yogurt). I just call it up to being a toddler.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    DD has never been a super eater, but yeah, it's pretty bad right now.  It's all bread products and cheese.  She had applesauce last night and I felt like that was a major victory!

I figure she's a healthy weight and seems happy, so I'm trying to just let it go.
  • Options
    @flmama622 - your Christmas photo is too damned cute!
  • Options
    I was a really picky eater as a toddler [and through high school] and the doctor told my mom "she won't let herself starve" so I was to be fed like everyone else and I'd eventually eat when I was hungry. We mostly do this with DD. She eats better for her yaya than she does for us so breakfast and lunch usually go okay. 

She gets a snack pack after her nap, I try to give one that has greens in it. I ate one of them yesterday… it's so hard to get spinach/kale here! She likes them, they provide stuff she doesn't get otherwise and there isn't a struggle.

Dinner doesn't go over as well as breakfast/lunch do so it is usually only picked at, but she gets what we get and she can't get down until each of us is done eating. She seems to be used to it now, she doesn't throw many tantrums/throw forks like she used to.

She'll eat pizza so I usually add some sort of extra flour be it quinoa or black bean and chia seeds to the dough. I make this tomato and garlic "pesto," add cheese and a topping [which is almost always picked off] and nutritional yeast for B12. That's the meal that goes over best and we do it about once a week, I try to pack in as much as I can to the foods she will actually eat. DH figured out last night that DD will eat beans if she can scoop them up with a chip, beans have always been hard to get in her.

DD goes through phases, when she's teething she won't hardly eat a thing. When she's not she'll literally eat the same amount of food I eat on pizza night. 

Hopefully it's just teething and she's over it soon! I wouldn't consider DD picky but it near kills me the nights she won't eat and her fork is on the floor and she's swiping her hands to take down her water bottle...
  • Options

Dinner doesn't go over as well as breakfast/lunch do so it is usually only picked at, 

This!  DD eats almost no dinner, I swear.  I've started ramping up breakfast because I figure she gets most of her nutrition in the morning.
  • Options
    Seems like all the Jan babies are doing this!  I had no idea it could be a stage and have been getting so frustrated.  Since her first birthday, she has become worse and worse.  We have about 3 main items for lunch that she'll eat and about 2 for dinner, but we can always count on her eating all fruit, many breads, and cheese.  In the last 2 weeks, she's rejected even her favorites and has mostly had only milk.  I even went to McDonalds for lunch one day just because I was so sick of preparing foods that were not touched.  I have not been worried because she's always been short for her weight and still seems to have the energy to run nonstop all day, so perhaps this is just when they sort out their final child body type and don't need to consume so much.
  • Options

Seems like all the Jan babies are doing this!  I had no idea it could be a stage and have been getting so frustrated.  Since her first birthday, she has become worse and worse.  We have about 3 main items for lunch that she'll eat and about 2 for dinner, but we can always count on her eating all fruit, many breads, and cheese.  In the last 2 weeks, she's rejected even her favorites and has mostly had only milk.  I even went to McDonalds for lunch one day just because I was so sick of preparing foods that were not touched.  I have not been worried because she's always been short for her weight and still seems to have the energy to run nonstop all day, so perhaps this is just when they sort out their final child body type and don't need to consume so much.

I also went the happy meal route!!! And she didn't eat that, either.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    Yes. We are SO HERE with you all. I can barely get DS to eat anything at breakfast anymore. And forget all of the veggies he used to eat (like peas, corn, and potatoes). He would eat pickles and olives for every meal if he could.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"