August 2014 Moms
Options

Eczema

what do you do to prevent flare ups and what do you use when they have them?

I got hydrocortisone from a pediatric dermatologist but it lightened her skin a bit so I stopped using it my pediatrician told me only use it during flare ups. Idk poor girl has been itching her belly all night but it's not a flare up yet.

Re: Eczema

• Options
    I use Aveeno on LO. DD1 can get horrible patches. We use white Dove bar soap and Aveeno lotion on her. Check with your pedi! Sometimes changing soaps can help!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Joy1192 said:
    I use Aveeno on LO. DD1 can get horrible patches. We use white Dove bar soap and Aveeno lotion on her. Check with your pedi! Sometimes changing soaps can help!

We use these exactly - dove body wash for bath time, then aveeno lotion after bath. Now and then his eyebrows/ears get a bit dry - we also have the prescription hydrocortisone, which clears that up with just a couple applications. We've also been using a bit of danrdruff shampoo mixed with the aveeno baby shampoo to keep his scalp clear from cradle cap.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea I used the dove for a bit then switched to Cetaphil which i Find the lotion is amazing for her. It's just so stressful I hate when she's itchy I feel so bad for her
  • Options
    Cetaphil for soap. And my pedi recommended Crisco for moisturizer. It sounds weird, but works AMAZING. And has zero chemicals.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got the aveeno baby eczema bath treatment. It helps. And then I put the mukti purpose ointment from Burt bees on the dry patches No think cetaphil came out with a baby line last month. A lot of moms recommend cetaphil for eczema as well
    Same here.
  • Options
    Will give these ideas a try tonight I ran out of Cetaphil lotion but I do have raw Shea butter.
  • Options
    I hope you find something that works soon! We fought this battle for a long time with DD who finally seems to be starting to outgrow it at 2.5. We did nightly short, lukewarm baths followed immediately by slathering on lotion to lock in the moisture. We used a small amount of cetaphil facial soap at the very end of her bath and alternated A&D and Aquaphor lotion. For flareups we used the steroid cream mentioned earlier for a few days. She got really itchy over the summer and evidently her broken skin had developed a staph infection which was cleared up with a topical antibiotic...hope you're not dealing with this but something to keep in mind if you have a stubborn flare up you can't get under control in the future.
  • Options
    @shevaCC‌ oh gosh that sounds terrible. She's still itching like crazy. Watching her closely now! We bought the cetaphil cream tonight so hoping that keeps her skin moisturizer really well. Yesterday I did the dove soap with some cetaphil cleanser at the end of the bath. I do short baths as well 5 min it's like a race poor girl loves her baths too.
  • Options
    My son has dry skin patches that the dr said is mostly from the weather and heater. I put coconut oil and vitamin E oil on him twice a day. Coconut oil has so many benefits. I also have The Honest Company thick cream for really bad spots.
  • Options
    Free and clear detergent. Cetaphil cleanser and lotion. Dermasmooth prescription oil for rashy flare ups. If she's getting extra dry but not rashy I up her lotion to about three times a day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"