Attachment Parenting

Co sleeping & naps

Just curious where your LO naps?
We co sleep cos she won't sleep anywhere else. As soon as I go to move her she wakes & cries. If I leave her in the bed she sleeps fine. I'm just nervous to leave her as I'm afraid she'll fall out of the bed so 90% of the time I stay next to her. Or else I'm glued to the monitor.
It's getting old! I need a break to do chores, spend time with dh in the evening, etc.
What do you guys do?

Re: Co sleeping & naps

• Can you wear LO for naps? My LO is clingy about 50% of the time, so I try to put him in the Ergo and continue with whatever I'm doing.  He's usually out in 2 minutes, lol.  That's about all I've got.  I get much longer naps out of LO when I either wear him or lay down with him (which neither of us move when we sleep), which I usually need a nap anyways.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • we had this same issue and i can't say i have a really great solution for it, unfortunately. :S

you could try wedging your LO in with pillows on the bed (or putting a soft comforter or something on the floor in case she falls off the bed). or you could put some blankets on the floor and lie down with her until she falls asleep.

for a while i was getting in DS's crib with him, nursing him to sleep, and then getting up after he fell asleep (this only worked for naps).

now that he's not nursing to sleep anymore, we usually lie with him until he falls asleep for naps and then get up. but he's 2, so we have more flexibility about where we can leave him- these days we usually just put him down on the sofa and then we're in the vicinity. also, now that he's older it is easier to move him. so sometimes we'll just pick him up and plop him in the toddler bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • She's one tmr which makes me happy & sad all at once! She's too heavy to wear but thank you for that suggestion. I guess I'll just have to continue to nap with her! Glad I'm not alone!
  • i started making a pallet in the living room on the floor and then sneak away when she is asleep. that way i dont worry about her falling off the bed AND the floor doesnt make noise when i get up lol so i dont have to worry about her waking up when i sneak away. Has been working pretty good with us for nap times. If you need to clean the living room you could always put the pallet in your bedroom and leave the door open.
  • We also co-sleep but DD naps during the day in her pack-n-play.  I do, however, usually get up before she does during the week and I used to bring her down and put her in her pack-n-play.  Now she just stays in the bed and I throw a huge body pillow in my spot so she doesn't fall off the bed.  Our bed is against the wall so there is only one side she could fall out of.  She never has, though, and she can get out of my bed herself now.  I just make sure to listen for her in case she wakes up while I'm getting ready. 

Not sure if you're thinking about her own bed yet or not...but I did get DD a twin platform bed for Christmas so it's lower to the ground.  If she were to fall out of it the only thing to bruise might be her ego. 

• When my dd was little I had a little bed I made out of blankets on the floor in the nursery. I would lay down with her in there until she fell asleep and then sneak out to get stuff done (this was for naps). In the evening I usually just went to bed with her (she stays up late).
  • Maybe I'll try that blanket on the ground idea. Thank you!
  • My DD sleeps in her PnP next to the bed at night (or in bed with me, then I'll move her into the PnP later on) but during the day, naps don't happen in the PnP much, she does best in her swing, (she is now 12 weeks old) but the gentle motion of the swing works GREAT, i pull out her monitor and aim it at the swing then go do my chores
    imageimageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"