January 2013 Moms
Options

Just for fun- LO names

since we are likely in a crazy pre-holiday place, I thought a just for fun post might be helpful;)

Why did you choose your LOs name? Is it a family name, or a name of someone close to you? Any special meanings, etc?
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Just for fun- LO names

• Options
    Amelia Rose

We got the idea for Amelia from Amy Pond on Doctor Who, but chose it because we found a St. Amelia of Luxembourg who is pretty awesome, and also Mike had a Great-Aunt Millie whom he loved. So it worked out nicely all around. :-)

Rose was my great-grandmother's maiden name. She was pretty badass and put up with a LOT of shit in her life and was always my favorite relative growin up, despite her being an incredible grouch. ;-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a girl crush on girl named Lily in grade school and have loved the name ever since. It's also in honor of my mom whose name, Suzanne, means Lily.

Skye is a tribute to our mutual Scottish heritage and to our falling in love with the Scottish isles when we visited.
  • Options

Not a family name. It was just one of the few we could agree on. Thank goodness our first wasn't a boy cause we couldn't agree on a boy name! We also liked Emma and Vanessa but too popular. I was going for something not too unique but not where there would be 3 in one class. Dh's fam hated it. That was an extra perk ;)

DH's dad HATES B's name. Definitely an extra perk over here, too:)
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    DH and I just both loved DS's first name, so that was easy. As for his middle name, my MIL, FIL, H and our angel DS all have the same middle name (yes my MIL as well).

I never even considered family names from my side because they are just too common and have always cause issues when applying for mortgages and so forth.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    Fun post! DD's first name is just a name we both liked, but her middle name is my maiden name. If #2 is a boy, his middle name will be DH's grandpa's name, as his grandpa was a very influential person in his life and passed away fairly recently.

If #2 is a girl, however, we are out of middle names to use. I like using first names that are original and middle names that have meaning, but we're trying to avoid using our parents' names so that nobody gets their feelings hurt. For grandparents, only the one grandpa mentioned above really makes sense. Other grandmas already have namesakes, or, well, there's Dolores, but I just don't think that quite works!

• Options
    DD1's name is Alexis Haleiwa (holly-ava). Alexis was the only name we both loved that we could agree on. However, I did not want a Lexi so we call her Ali. Haleiwa is a teeny tiny town on the north shore of Oahu we both love.

DD2's name is Sawyer Mae. FN we just liked and middle name is mine and my Granny's. DS name is Logan Michael Jon. FN we liked and he has two middle names just like the first born sons of my brother and sister. Both the other boys first middle name is Michael also. Jon is after MH and my dad, who passed away 13 years ago.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options
    martha919 said:
    Amelia Rose We got the idea for Amelia from Amy Pond on Doctor Who, but chose it because we found a St. Amelia of Luxembourg who is pretty awesome, and also Mike had a Great-Aunt Millie whom he loved. So it worked out nicely all around. :-) Rose was my great-grandmother's maiden name. She was pretty badass and put up with a LOT of shit in her life and was always my favorite relative growin up, despite her being an incredible grouch. ;-)
    we may or may not be toying with the name amelia for the same exact reason if the next one is a girl...it's on the list....  :)

we chose sophia bc we really really liked it...thought it went well with our last name (gomez) was ethincy without being too ethnicy....didn't care that it was #1 for the last 5 years or whatever....and then it turns out it's dh's great grandmother's name....
    we went with angelina as her middle name because it was my granmother's name...and we both happen to love it...but no one called grandma angelina...everyone called her babe (she was the youngest in her family- and to think of it, we never even called her sister's aunt "real name" they all went by other names....) and at one point in time, my grandmother made my sister promise she'd never name her kids angelina bc she hated it! so, she never made me promise....plus it was used as her middle name....
    so between my sister cousin and i all grandparents but one are represented...my dad's mom...grandma sue who's real name is assunta....verrrry italian....wondering how i can work that in somewhere if we have another girl...

• Options
    Fraser (Fray-zer not like the TV show) is named after the Fraser River, which is the major river here in our area of BC. We get so many compliments from people in our area for using it but it's rare to meet anyone else with the name, I have never met another Fraser here. He has two middle names, the first is after my only brother and his second is the name of my DH's dad, he doesn't go by that name probably because it is also the name of his dad and his grandfather.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Fun idea! We knew if we had a boy we wanted his name to start with a T like my husband, and funny enough Taylor was actually our girl name idea. Once we knew it was a boy we kept tossing it around - we narrowed it down to Taylor or Ethan (I know, not a T name). We called H's grandpa and told him we would be using his first name (Gurdon) as the middle name, but wanted to know which first name he liked better. He instantly said Taylor and the rest is history. My H's middle name is also Gurdon so they have the same initials. :)

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    @katrine_05 what a beautiful story!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    We had a girls name picked and ready: Ava Jane. Jane is my mother's first name, Ava we just liked!

Boys names were very difficult for us. Our list included: Mason, Ewan (as in Ewan McGregor pronounced YOO-an) which I loved but I was worried about people mispronouncing it all the time, it's not a popular name here in the States like it is in England or Scotland.

Ultimately we had a boy, later in the day after he was born I asked my H if he liked Jeffrey, after his uncle who passed away from cancer about 10 years ago. He smiled, and said Jeffrey Michael (Michael is his father's name). The end, name chosen (after calling his Aunt, his uncle's widow and H's cousin, his uncle's son, to ensure it was okay to do so).

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Simon Randall

His first name is after DH's mom's maiden name (Simons), and the middle name is after my dad (Randy).  We chose Simon because there are no boys in DH's mom's family, so that's the end of that name, something DH's grandfather was lamenting about.  Randall because we wanted to honour my dad.  My dad ended up passing away when Si was only 3.5 months old.  He met Si, but we never got a picture of the two of them together.  Amazingly, Si's personality is almost exactly like my dad's.  When we look at baby pictures of my dad and Si, they are almost indistinguishable in looks too!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    DD's first name is a combination of 2 names that we were considering. DH just messed up and combined them and we loved the combination. And turned out to be a real name :-) her middle name is my grandmother's name, my mom's name, and my middle name. She she is the 4th generation with that name :-)

DS's name is just a name I really liked and eventually got dh on board with. We both love it now and get a ton of compliments on it. DS's middle name is DH's father's name. We considered using DH's name, but fils name with the first name had a much better flow to it. DH didn't tell fil until DS Was born. He was thrilled :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @Jobiann - Ooh, I love Ewan, it was a very close second on our if-it's-a-boy list. (Lachlan was our ultimate pick, which I also love.  It's popular in Australia, but it's unheard of here.)  
  • Options
    DS#1 - his first name is one we picked about a week before he was Ron and decided on it in the delivery room. Turns out itis a name froma great uncle on my fathers side. He has two middle names. The first is after my paternal grandfather and the second after DH's maternal grandfather. DS#2 - also a name we loved but happens to be my uncle (mothers side) name. His first middle name is my fathers first name (and also DH's maternal grandfathers middle name) and his second middle name is DH's middle name.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ReeceFamily‌ Lilian was our first choice for a girl and we would have called her Lily. I think it's such a beautiful name. @ohiodoxiemama08‌ if we had a girl her MN would have been Jane too after a dear friend that passed away. @chilibeansm0m‌ great thread. Thanks for starting it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS is named after H's two grandfathers. We found out we were pregnant about a week before the one passed away and then DS was born on his birthday so it was fitting. Besides, I have a really hard time finding boy names that I like so when DH suggested it, I didn't fight it.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH picked Samantha early on and then ended up liking Elizabeth better (my pick) but I had already been calling my bump Sammy for quite a while so we went with that.  

Rose is her MN and we came up with it after she came out with a little stork bite on her nose (we kept calling her Rosy nose!)

It turned out that we have Sams and Roses on both sides so it worked!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"